- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Data Architect role is to serve as subject matter expert on FCA’s data. They will provide leadership in maturing data management and business intelligence practices that will allow the organization to accomplish the mission and vision. Daily activities include, but not limited to, designing, building and maintaining enterprise conceptual, logical, and physical data models; providing leadership and guidance on enterprise data strategies; revising data dictionary definitions, governance practices, and standards; collaborating with other technologists to deliver solutions to the ministry. The Data Architect will require a blend of high-level conceptual thinking and planning along with hands-on, day-to-day data management responsibilities. In addition, this position will require ongoing evaluation and recommendations of new and emerging data management and storage technologies.
- Analyze the enterprise business context to derive data architecture.
- Create and maintain optimal data architecture.
- Design and optimize FCA data models.
- Collaborate with Solutions Architect and engineers to understand use cases, data needs, and outcome objectives.
- Mature business intelligence and predictive analytics utilizing the cloud based Tellius platform.
- Build data management maturity.
- Document data architecture.
- Develop data strategies and data governance.
- Design, build, and manage data warehousing.
- Design technology to integrate and improve the quality of enterprise data assets.
- Review, modify, and/or establish data security and data access controls.
- Provide additional support to Reporting Analyst using Microsoft SSRS.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to effectively speak to executive leadership on strategic technology solutions and management issues; and to secure and communicate executive direction and decision to management and project teams.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions, capabilities, and relevance of new technologies.
- Proven ability to lead toward the long-term (big picture) solutions by creating roadmaps and implementation plans that account for the short-term perspectives of situations.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- In-depth working knowledge of DMBoK concepts and domains (CDMP certification desired).
- Ability to articulate new ideas and concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Technology Management, or other related field; or equivalent experience required.
- 5-7 years of data architecture / BI experience required.
- Strong background in application and solution development required.
- Understanding of industry standard frameworks (DAMA, DMBOK, Zachman) required.
- Experience in a broad range of IT disciplines that include the modeling of enterprise-scale systems and building data integration for decoupled service architectures.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), web services, enterprise data management, information security, applications development, and cloud-based architectures like AWS and Azure.
- Understanding of information systems and data life-cycle management best practices and methodologies, and systems development life cycle (SDLC).
- Experience with lean/agile software development including code creation, management, review and deployment.
- AWS, ITIL, SCRUM, CDMP, etc. certifications preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience with information technology and at least 4-5 of those specializing in data architecture.
- Experience with enterprise data management technologies, including database platforms, ETL tools, mySQL, SQL, and IPaaS.
- Experience with different operational, BI, and analytical technology implementations (on-prem/cloud, structured/unstructured data, operational/DW/data lake implementations).
- Experience building and working with technology conceptual and logical models - capabilities, blueprints, information models, process models, principles, etc.
- Technical Skills/ Experience:
- Cloud computing (AWS, Azure)
- Integration technology
- Event brokering architectures
- SQL, mySQL, T-SQL
- Microsoft SSRS
FCA employees shall be expected to model FCA’s Christian beliefs and Values for the larger community, perform all of their duties as a service to God, and comply with the following obligations: BELIEFS: Each FCA employee shall affirm his or her agreement with FCA’s Statement of Faith and shall not subscribe to or promote any religious beliefs inconsistent with these beliefs. CHRISTIAN CONDUCT STANDARDS: FCA employees shall at all times (both during working and non-working hours) endeavor to conduct themselves in a manner that affirms biblical standards of conduct in accordance with FCA’s Christian beliefs. Such conduct standards include FCA’s Youth Protection Policy and Sexual Purity Statement. DISTINCTLY CHRISTIAN ACTIVITIES: FCA employees shall be ready, willing, and able to lead or contribute to distinctly Christian activities such as worship and prayer services. MINISTERIAL DUTIES: FCA employees shall daily spend time in prayer and in the Word, share Christ through word and life, and seek the Lord’s will for the ministry of FCA. FCA staff will worship and seek weekly involvement in a local church, be a religious leader and in some cases serve under the authority and assignment of the local church.
Fellowship of Christian AthletesWhy Work Here?
FCA unites two passions, faith and athletics, to see the world transformed by Jesus Christ.
The Fellowship of Christian Athletes is touching millions of lives...one heart at a time. Since 1954, FCA has been challenging coaches and athletes on the professional, college, high school, junior high and youth levels to use the powerful platform of sport to reach every coach and every athlete with the transforming power of Jesus Christ. FCA focuses on serving local communities around the globe by engaging, equipping and empowering coaches and athletes to unite, inspire and change the world through the gospel.