Social Media Manager
Fellowship Church Inc. Monrovia, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
SPECIFIC JOB SUMMARY
The Social Media Manager tells the story of Jesus and our story through our social mediaplatforms Instagram, Facebook, etc. They adapt creative, marketing and PR briefs for socialmedia platforms, creating/strategizing content to grow and engage our social mediacommunity, and provide best practices for our organization.
FELLOWSHIP'S MISSION STATEMENT
Fellowship is a Gospel-centered, multiethnic, intergenerational church that exists to make disciples.
HOW WE LIVE OUT OUR MISSION
At Fellowship, we are committed to being transformed by the Gospel of Jesus Christ, growing in a life of worship, gathering in community, and giving our lives away on mission.
- Strategy & Vision
- Ideate, populate, and manage the Fellowship Social Media Calendar.
- Ideate, strategize, manage how everything is presented in concert on our Fellowship Social Media Calendar in the weeks to come.
- Implement vision pertaining to this question on a weekly basis: What story are we telling through our social media?
- Ideate and strategize how to implement a delegated brief into a Social Media Campaign, using the Fellowship Social Media Storyboard and Calendar as a skeleton.
- Keep the pulse on representation of the Fellowship family via Social Media platforms - are we showing that our congregation and leadership is multi-ethnic, intergenerational, male and female?
- Stay informed of new technological developments and recommend innovative ways of using the platform for our church.
- Send monthly data analytics from your platforms with conclusions, observations, recommendations of what you see
- In collaboration with Project Managers, implement and coordinate the project management of Social Media on a weekly basis. Delegate tasks, set deadlines,and share vision accordingly.
- Along with the Arts+Communications Director, help provide best practices for that specific platform's contributors and/or moderators in regard to Facebook Groups across the organization.
- Curate and develop copy that aligns with the Fellowship voice and offers accurate information, inspiration, and invitation.
- Collect stories and testimonies from various Fellowship ministries as needed.
- Collect "one liner" quotes from various messages and sermons asneeded.
- Occasional assistance with asset development, such as the collection and curation of photos.
- Organize and manage assets in Dropbox. Distribute assets to Albert Tate Ministries as needed.
3. Distribution and Engagement
- Ensure the posting on your platform is aligned with Asana timelines and Fellowship Social Media Calendar.
- Message, comment, and notification supervision. Response to messages and comments in accordance with best practices (according to our social media guide) with kindness and empathy.
- Facilitate connections to specific ministries, pastors, or inboxes as needed.
- Along with the Lead Designer, supervise the activity on the platform while being a support for other contributors and/or moderators and quality control and maximation.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field preferred
- Detail-oriented, adaptable, and takes initiative
- Appreciates the importance details that affect quality, integrity, timeliness and goal achievement
- Takes the initiative to improve processes through critical thinking and analytical problem
- Responds effectively to change and considers new approaches and strategies
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Excellent work ethic when working on individual projects and as part of a team
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.