REGISTERED NURSE (RN) or LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN), Casual (Per Diem), All Shifts Open / Weekends. Paid Time Off (PTO) & Other Great Perks!
Our licensed nurses are responsible and accountable for the direct care of residents. These positions make decisions related to resident care and resolves resident care issues and problems. Nurses provide comprehensive nursing care, assist with resident care planning and observe resident health conditions. Additional responsibilities include managing multiple priorities and assisting in oversight of Nurse Aides to ensure that quality care is delivered to residents.
- Evaluates resident needs, condition and care. Assists in developing nursing care plans for individual residents, including rehabilitative and restorative activities and instruction in self-help.
- Checks physician orders, transfer and pre-admission information.
- Arranges for diagnostic and therapeutic services as ordered by the physician within or out of the convent.
- Orders prescribed medications, requisitions supplies and medical equipment.
- Transcribes physician’s orders according to Care Center procedures and policies.
- Periodically reviews care plans with resident’s physician and nursing team.
- Distributes medication, maintains narcotic records, resident records, and performs charting duties.
- Assists in the orientation of new nursing employees.
- Assist Nurse Aides with a variety of resident care activities and related services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of the residents.
- Provides instruction and supervises Nurse Aides as needed.
- Performs and supervises individualized personal care for residents in accordance with the established nursing care plan and within scope of licensure.
- Report changes in resident condition to physician and any other appropriate parties in a timely manner.
- Fulfills Nurse Aide duties as required to meet care needs of Sisters.
- Exhibits behavior that supports a person-centered culture of care where resident has a voice and a share in decision making regarding plan of care.
Education and Experience
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse in the state where the Care Center is located.
- Current license in good standing.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program; Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years nursing experience preferred.
- Long-term care experience preferred.
Benefits for casual employees:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) including Holidays
- PTO Payout
- Free Parking
- Pay Increases
- Competitive Pay
- Sprint Discount
- Verizon Discount
- Dell Computer Discount
- Well Aware Wellness Program
- Emergency Assistance Fund
- FSNA Care Connection - Deep Discounts on diapers and personal care products
- PayActiv- Access to earned but unpaid wages before payday
- Mentor program - Paid mentor orientation and wage increase while serving as a mentor.
- Clothing Benefit Program for Health Services or Facilities Management employees
- Ticketsatwork.com- Discounted travel and entertainment benefit
- Access Perks - Discounted travel and local retailers
- Perfect Presence Attendance Raffle (Quarterly)
- Employee Referral Bonus
Like us on Facebook at FSNA HR!
Visit us at www.feliciansistersna.org to learn more about the Felician Sisters of North America.