Dietary Aide, per diem, day/evenings, pick up open shifts | Great Benefits, PTO
The Dietary Aide prepares, serves and delivers food within the convent according to established policies and procedures. This position is responsible for cleaning the food service areas and equipment while assuring proper storage of food and other dietary supplies. Commits to the Felician Sisters of North America’s Mission & Core Values while exhibiting behaviors that align with adherence to the Mission & Core Values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with co-workers, management and other departments. Assures
- Serve meals and snacks that are palatable and appetizing in appearance in accordance with established procedures. 6. Seek approval from Supervisor on any food substitutions.
- Assist in serving meals on a daily basis as well as for special events.
- Ensure that the department is maintained in a clean and safe manner. Assist in daily or scheduled cleaning duties;
- clean work tables, refrigerators and freezers as required.
- Set up meal trays, food cart and dining rooms as directed.
- Assist cook in preparing meals and preparing food for the next meal.
- Assist in checking diet trays before distribution.
- Perform dishwashing and cleaning procedures for all food service equipment and serving ware.
- Collect plates and utensils from trays after meal has been served.
- Assist resident in selection of food choices and assists in plating and serving to residents as needed.
- Clean and sanitize kitchen meal preparation areas, dining areas, floors, storage areas and equipment such as
- refrigerator and freezer units.
- Prepare food in accordance with sanitary regulations as well as with the organization’s established policies and
- Follow established infection control and universal precautions policies and procedures when performing daily tasks.
- Dispose of food and trash in accordance with established policies.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment and the appearance of work area and perform regular
- inspections of food service areas for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance of assigned position.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a food service environment.
- Experience in an Assisted Living, Long-Term Care, hospital or other health care environment preferred.
- ServSafe certification preferred.
Benefits for casual employees:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) including Holidays
- PTO Payout
- Free Parking
- Pay Increases
- Competitive Pay
- Sprint Discount
- Verizon Discount
- Dell Computer Discount
- Well Aware Wellness Program
- Emergency Assistance Fund
- FSNA Care Connection- Deep Discounts on diapers and personal care products
- PayActiv- Access to earned but unpaid wages before payday
- Mentor program- Paid mentor orientation and wage increase while serving as a mentor.
- Clothing Benefit Program for Health Services or Facilities Management employees
- com- Discounted travel and entertainment benefit
- Perfect Presence Attendance Raffle (Quarterly)
- Employee Referral Bonus
Like us on Facebook at FSNA HR!
Visit us at www.feliciansistersna.org to learn more about the Felician Sisters of North America.
Job Type: Part-time
Felician Sisters of North America
Why Work Here?As dedicated employees and caregivers of the Felician Sisters and their residents, we promote the dignity of each person, by caring for the needs of the whole person, and by providing a safe, functional and attractive home environment. Our employees care for the sisters in their convent homes. This includes health services staff who provide direct care, employees who maintain the convent buildings and grounds and various departments that support the work of the Felician Sisters (e.g. IT, Marketing, Communications, Development, HR, Accounting,)
Great atmosphere, caring environment, great work culture, comprehensive benefits package!