Warehouse Outbound Loader - Night Shift
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
DESCRIPTION OF EMPLOYER: Founded in 1901, Feeser’s, Inc. is a family owned and operated full-line foodservice distributor located in Harrisburg, PA servicing the Mid-Atlantic region. Feeser’s provides an expansive offering of dry, refrigerated, and frozen products to a diverse customer base comprised of restaurants, healthcare facilities, educational facilities, and other institutions.
SUMMARY: Outbound loaders are tasked with the transport of completed pallets of customers’ orders to the correct loading dock and properly placing them onto trailers based on a system created load grid.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performing pre-loading inspections of trailers and recording them on the RF scan gun.
- Adhere to food and safety policies and quality standards.
- Properly identifying completed skids based on a pallet batch label.
- Loading of completed pallets in the correct order and compartment required by the load grid and scan gun.
- Properly place and secure bulk heads in the correct locations to enclose the freezer compartment.
- Visually inspecting pallets for quality assurance before loading and notifying a supervisor if issues arise.
- Ensuring the load is secured to avoid shifting of a load to include adequate wrap, double wrapping when necessary, using load bars, load straps or other means necessary to properly secured.
- Placing the seafood and chemicals at the rear of the trailer in a secure location and ensure they do not contact with each other or cross contaminate.
- Ensuring the pallet count is correct for the load before closing the door and calling off the truck.
- Maintain a consistent pace to work in a fast-paced working environment, meeting or exceeding established minimum productivity standards on a consistent basis. Meet or exceed minimum quality standards.
- Maintain equipment and report malfunctions or safety hazards to a lead, supervisor, or maintenance department.
- Maintain a clean work environment per food safety and company standards. Assist in always keeping facility and surrounding premises in audit ready condition.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Requires strong physical stamina as loaders are on their feet the entire shift bending, stooping, and lifting product that can weigh up to and sometimes exceed 80 lbs.
- Good communication and teamwork skills are required to ensure all processes are done correctly.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment with great attention to detail and safety.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations along with identifying correct product descriptions.
- Ability to read English and perform simple mathematical calculations with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work in temperature varied environments for extended periods of time, ranging from -10 degrees F to 90 degrees F, and handle the demands of the departments.
- Ability to operate an electric rider pallet jack or other material handling equipment as required to properly load product onto a designated trailer.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in the operation of an electric pallet jack, minimum 1 year validated experience in a warehouse environment.
- Experience operating other material handling equipment including a forklift preferred.
- Experience loading trucks, preferably in a food grad facility.
- Knowledge in the use of an RF system scan gun.
Powered by JazzHR
Feeser's Food Distributors
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Feeser's Food Distributors