Account Manager, Food Industry Partnerships (Nationwide)
Feeding America Chicago, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Work. Serve. Thrive.
Imagine a place where your talent can make a meaningful difference in peoples' lives. Working at Feeding America is a uniquely rewarding experience in which our employees work together as vital parts of a much larger mission. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results.We are a national, nonprofit organization and the nation's leading domestic hunger-relief charity. Located in the heart of downtown Chicago, our mission is to feed America's hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger.
Lead national sourcing efforts by working with processors and consumer facing business partners, related industry partners and associations, to access donated product in order to meet annual targets and long-term outcomes of the strategic plan.
Implement product sourcing strategic plan for accessing product for the manufacturing/consumer facing retail sectors of the food industry to deliver more valuable product to the food insecure families we serve.
- Research and monitor industry trends, implementing sourcing changes to maintain and expand relevance for food rescue and other product partnerships.
- Implement, manage and track business strategies that help secure more product donations from assigned partners.
- Create new training tools and communication vehicles that will assist food bank members with identifying, educating and servicing donors.
- Manage, track, analyze and distribute donor donation reports on a reoccurring basis.
- Build and maintain relationships with key trade associations; leverage for awareness and support of donation.
- Develop relationships at all appropriate stages of supply chain with partner organizations and strengthen the food bank network’s status as a preferred recipient of food, including less than finished goods product.
- Create and implement effective action plans for holistic donor support in partnership with Development, engaging all appropriate donor departments to ensure programmatic success.
- Develop productive, collaborative relationships with network food bank staff to nurture mutually beneficial industry partnerships benefiting both national and local organizations. This work should be done collaboratively with the Food Sourcing Access Services Team.
- Committed to organizational mission of ending hunger.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – Committed to a workplace that values different backgrounds and life experiences and allows everyone to bring their authentic self to work. Builds equity into structures, systems and processes for our employees and the communities we serve.
Required Leadership Competencies
- Manages for Results Effectively: Proven track record of implementing plans to deliver results for assigned industry segment in order to achieve or exceed short- and long-term goals.
- Collaborates Internally & Externally: Works well with cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives; demonstrated success working with diverse stakeholder groups including network members, internal teams and all levels of corporate leaders across industry sector.
- Leverages Functional Expertise: Ability to utilize business experience and industry understanding to successfully manage and build relationships with partner representatives across the organization and throughout a company’s supply chain. Willing to both lead and provide hands-on support to partnership development.
- Understands our Business: Basic understanding of the intersection of the food industry, food rescue and hunger relief along with the nuances of food banking
- Communicates Effectively: Strong ability to articulate with internal and external contacts using verbal, written and presentation skills; Confident with negotiation skills based on a win-win philosophy and commitment to long-term partnership development.
- BA/BS or relevant experience.
- Five years of relevant food bank / industry experience in sales or account management.
- Ability to analyze data and derive business insights.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Up to 40% travel required.
Feeding America embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.
BusinessView all jobs at Feeding America