- Posted: 5 days ago
Supervise and provide peer leadership during food packing shifts at Feed My Starving Children (FMSC). Make operational decisions and serve as the person in charge in the absence of management. Facilitate impactful and productive volunteer experiences through hospitality and authentic connections. Uphold safety policies and procedures. Perform cleaning and warehousing tasks. Lead assigned site initiatives and special projects.
Pay, Schedule & Benefits:
- This is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position.
- Regularly scheduled for 40 hours per week, subject to site staffing needs. Initially scheduled for a combination of weekdays, weeknights and every other Saturdays. Occasional Sunday and holiday availability required.
- Benefits include health insurance, 401(k) with employer match, PTO, FSA, dental, vision and more.
What You’ll Do:
- Supervise food packing operations during scheduled shifts. Delegate tasks and ensure that operations run according to FMSC policies and procedures from setup to cleanup.
- Model excellent work performance and encourage high performance from staff. Provide on the spot coaching to peers, recognizing successes and escalating issues as appropriate. This position does not have direct reports.
- In the absence of management, serve as the primary authority on food quality and safety issues, compliance, questions and emergencies. Complete PIC training, CPR and first aid training.
- Assist with audits from the FDA or other regulatory authority as needed.
- Create an impactful and dynamic volunteer experience. Tell volunteers about our mission and invite them to volunteer again. Provide exceptional hospitality. Warmly greet volunteers, create a great first impression, answer questions, authentically thank them and express how important their contribution is to FMSC.
- Give large group presentations that include food impact stories and information about FMSC.
- Ask volunteers to donate. Share how volunteers can invest in feeding kids with their time, finances and prayers.
- Promote campaigns, events and MarketPlace™ items based on each volunteer’s unique interests.
- Orchestrate packing sessions. Anticipate needs, think ahead, troubleshoot problems and be flexible with the unpredictability of a volunteer workforce. Clean, track production, direct volunteers, palletize boxes and move pallets using a pallet jack. Lead a Christian prayer over the packaged food and invite volunteers to join.
- Maintain a clean and food-safe facility: do laundry and clean floors, dishes and bathrooms several times per day.
- Uphold food safety, food quality, volunteer safety and personnel safety policies and procedures. Ensure compliance.
- Act as a backup for the Warehouse Specialist. Move product using a powered forklift (training provided), as needed.
- Lead site-level initiatives and a small committee in one of these areas: (Up to 20% of your work time)
- Compliance: lead safety and compliance initiatives, oversee safety committee, and participate in audits.
- MarketPlace: manage retail inventory, promote new products and stories, and train peers on cash register use.
- Volunteer Recruitment & Experience: lead recruitment/retention, hospitality, communication, and appreciation.
- Fundraising: lead site-level fundraising initiatives, do community outreach, and lead special events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Passionate about FMSC’s Christian mission and living it out in the workplace.
- Demonstrated leadership experience is required. Able to coach and direct the work of others.
- Self-starter able to independently make decisions, perform tasks and solve problems.
- Thrives in a team setting. Able to pitch in, fill in gaps, remain flexible, ask for help and share responsibilities.
- Able to exert yourself physically for a 4-8 hour shift. Able to walk and stand in intervals up to 4 hours. Able to push, pull, lift 30-50 lbs. repeatedly, bend, twist, and use hand tools like utility knives.
- Enthusiastic, assertive and confident when sharing information with groups and individuals.
- Focused on hospitality: recognize and meet volunteer needs. Can build rapport and maintain relationships.
- Respect and value FMSC’s volunteers and supporters, varying in beliefs, backgrounds and abilities.
- Able to tolerate consistent exposure to soy (an allergen).
- Reports to the Site Manager.
- Join our group of professional world-changers. Work alongside dedicated, talented folks.
FMSC is an equal opportunity employer, and we consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, sex, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, public assistance status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more about diversity, equity, and inclusion at FMSC - fmsc.org/values.
Powered by JazzHR
Feed My Starving Children
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?