Claims Adjuster - Entry Level - Overland Park, KS
Customer-focused, source of knowledge and comfort, desire to help, professional - Does that sound like you? We are seeking someone who possesses those skills to assist our clients through the claims process and to help them return to normalcy after a loss.
No previous insurance or claims experience needed!
Federated provides an exceptional training program to teach you the fundamentals of claims and will prepare you to assist clients.
- Work with policyholders, physicians, attorneys, contractors and others to ensure claims are resolved in a prompt, fair and courteous way.
- Explain policy coverage to policyholders and third parties.
- Complete thorough investigations and document facts relating to claims.
- Determine the value of damaged items or accurately pay medical and wage loss benefits.
- Negotiate settlements with policyholders and third parties.
- Resolve claims, which may include paying, settling, or denying claims, defending policyholders in court, compromising or recovering outstanding dollars.
- A four year degree in a business-related field
- Experience in a customer service role in industries such as retail, hospitality, logistics, banking, automotive dealerships, vehicle rental, sales or similar fields
- Ability to make confident decisions based on available information
- Strong analytical, computer, and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership experience is a plus
At Federated Insurance, we do life-changing work, focused on our clients' success. For our employees, we provide tremendous opportunities for growth. Over 95% of them believe our company has an outstanding future. We make lives better, and we're looking for employees who want to make a difference in others' lives, all while enhancing their own.
You will have opportunities to grow in your career. Our employees are encouraged to ask questions and learn on the job, and we are committed to promoting from within. We recognize your contributions with an exceptional rewards package that includes competitive pay and bonus programs, incredibly affordable health insurance, generous pension and 401(k) benefits, and gift matching and paid volunteer time to support your involvement in the community. Learn more about our Benefits.
Federated Mutual Insurance CompanyLeawood, KS
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Claims Adjuster - Entry Level - Overland Park, KS jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.