The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is seeking a Software Engineer II - Senior Software Engineer to provide support and development for a complex payment system. This role is responsible for the design, development, testing and support of software solutions using a variety of programming languages within a Cloud environment. This position will require working with current subject matter experts to build knowledge of technologies and develop a solid understanding of the business application. Qualified candidates will excel in providing operational technical support in complex and dynamic circumstances.
* Strong contributor in the analysis, design, and implementation of enterprise technology solutions for complex projects, utilizing broad industry awareness and expertise.
* Proficient at contributing to alternative analysis, including assisting with researching vendor solutions, development platforms, third-party frameworks, and best practices.
* Advanced skill at implementing complex systems and software components, in compliance with industry and System standards, which meet customer needs and expectations with respect to key project/product performance measures, quality, schedule, and cost.
* Requires the ability to independently design, develop, and document solutions, while adhering to all applicable standards (e.g architectural, coding, security).
* Proficient at analyzing business requirements and creating technical designs and specifications for independent implementation. Seeks guidance and mentoring from lead staff during the implementation phase, to ensure implementations meet design specifications and adhere to established standards.
* Advanced skill at creating estimates, work breakdown structures, and resource assignments on assigned development tasks. Collaboratively works with leads to incorporate development activities into master delivery schedule.
* Advanced skill at consulting with customers in a support role or when assisting more senior level staff in the formulation of technology strategies in collaboration with business partners.
* Develops strong partnerships and relationships with business customers and key stakeholders.
* Proficient at leading by example and routinely demonstrates high performance in the areas of customer service, collaboration, team work, and reliability.
* Advanced skill at communicating status and progress on assignments. Raises issues and risks in a timely fashion and effectively contributes to mitigating activities.
* Provide on call production support for a critical application.
* 6 years of hands-on, professional software development experience in building highly scalable online services frameworks.
* 2 years hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code products using the following technologies on a Cloud platform :- GitLab,Terraform,Docker, Python.
* Create and maintain deployment pipelines by working with development teams.
* Experience with REST API's and webservice solutions is a distinct advantage. .
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an information technology field (e.g Computer/Management Information Systems (MIS/CIS), Computer Science(CS), Electrical/Computer Engineering(EE/CE), or an equivalent combination of related education and/or work experience.
* Established knowledge with Industry software development methodologies, standards and architecture frameworks.
* Demonstrated ability to adapt and learn new technologies.
* Moderate project management skills.
* Advanced oral and written communication skills. Ability to explain complex technical information to technical and non-technical contacts.
* Excellent planning and organization skills.
* Excellent initiative, innovative thinking skills, and the ability to analyze details and adopt a big-picture view.
* Demonstrated problem solving skills, including the ability to think logically and analytically.
United States citizenship is required for this position.
This position has additional screening requirements due to the information accessed while preforming the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance and can take up to a couple of months to be completed. You can begin work before the screening is completed; however, continued employment is contingent on acceptable screening results. The areas screened may include education/employment verification, criminal history, credit history, and reference checks.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and our YouTube channel - Kansas City Fed.
/We [Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City] are committed to building a diverse workplace, and are continually striving to achieve this goal. As such, we provide equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or genetic information./
Organization: **Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City*
Title: Software Engineer II - Senior Software Engineer
Location: MO-Kansas City
Requisition ID: 263151