Tier 2 Desk Side Support Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Federal Professional Solutions is looking for well qualified Tier 2 Deskside Support Technicians to start immediately in D.C. This is an exciting position with a prominent government agency supporting VP's/VIPs and their associates. We are seeking a Tier 2 Deskside Support Technician who can provide a high level of technical support in a very professional and customer friendly manner. The Tier 2 Deskside Support Technician will provide 2nd level escalation support to the Tier 1 Help Desk, provide remote and on-site troubleshooting for hardware and software support and resolve Call Center Tech Support tickets and provide desk-side support. Must be self-motivated to learn and sharpen technical knowledge and skills along with business processes. In addition, the Tier 2 Deskside Support Technician must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, polished phone etiquette, and people skills that emphasize customer focus and service orientation.
Further Job Responsibilities:
· Install, monitor, troubleshoot, replace, and support, virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), end user equipment (terminals, printers/printer consumables, Multi-function devices/multi-function device consumables, mobile devices, VTCs, scanners, VOIP phones, thin-clients, etc.), local and wide area networks, data storage systems, Active Directory, and other third party software.
· Document Incidents and Work Orders with detailed break-fix steps and resolution in ticket tracking system.
· Work with VIPs, providing a “white glove” service where necessary.
· Monitor and update all incidents and requests, including calls assigned to external suppliers/vendors.
· Reassign or escalate incidents and requests to appropriate support level, third parties or other teams where appropriate level of discussion of issues with colleagues will be conducted.
· Track all work, inventory, and projects using a ticketing system.
· Provide assistance and participate on new project(s) testing and deployment/delivery.
· Travel to all client sites in the Washington, DC National Capitol Region as needed for break/fix tickets.
· Work with vendors as it pertains to software and hardware troubleshooting, repair, replacement and personnel escort.
· Participate in project deployment.
· Provide input and update knowledge base as necessary.
· Coordinate the logistics of and conduct the movement of assets and equipment to various client’s facilities when needed.
· Maintain an organized resource/hardware Government furnished storage room(s). The Government shall give the contractor many resource/hardware items, and it is expected that the contractor keep track of all of it, and will be able to quickly retrieve an item from the storage room(s).
· Document, update and close tickets according to defined service level agreement requirements.
· Clearance: Position of Trust / Moderate Risk Background Investigation
· Minimum 4 years’ experience working in support of desk side services with specific focus on supporting executive VP\VIP levels and their assistants.
· MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional), and CompTIA A+.
· Have a B.S. or Associates in IT or closely related field.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Management Console tools, specifically Active Directory (AD) for user and computers, thin client, terminal services and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VMWare VDI).
· Must be self-motivated to learn and sharpen technology knowledge and skills along with business processes.
· Experience preferred of VMWare, VOIP, Ticket tracking system, and Office 365.
· High level of professionalism, attention to details and ability to multi-task.
· Ability to work individually and within a team environment with little supervision.
Federal Professional SolutionsWhy Work Here?
FPS a quality security integrator. Mission first, People always.
Federal Professional Solutions is a leading network infrastructure solution provider specializing in IT managed services, network infrastructure, security integration and project management services. FPS has a proven history for delivering innovative and customized security solutions, managing all aspects of our clients’ projects from design, providing equipment/material, installation, programing, testing and commissioning. Federal Professional Solutions offers our employees an exciting environment to further their career. We are looking for qualified individuals to be part of our growing team of industry leaders and technical professionals.