FedSync is searching for qualified Human Resources Administrative Assistant in the Washington D.C. area. The ideal Candidate will demonstrate a proven knowledge and success in performing routine secretarial and/or administrative support including: processing and recommending recurring human resources actions including but not limited to pay issues and individual incentive awards; providing advice and assistance on in the preparation and processing of personnel actions; processing all personnel actions into the HRIS system; and answering questions related to all types of personnel actions, including pay-related matters.
The ideal resource will support various offices within DOT/FMCSA.
Expected role and responsibilities:
- Provides services to process the full range of personnel actions for SES, GS, FWS, etc. by entering the required data into the National Business Center's (NBC) FPPS personnel database, including personnel actions, home address, awards, security data, performance appraisals, and separations. Maintain on-line data automated personnel information
- Maintains Official Personnel Folders (OPFs) and performance folders. Includes creating, maintaining retrieving, and properly disposing of confidential information, performance folders security files, and other such personnel files as required.
- Maintains database of the deposition of all official files, including accessions, reassignments, and separations.
- Files copies of certified forms electing or changing benefits in the employee's OPF.
- Maintain Suspense Files for reminding personnel staff of details, not-to¬ exceed dates, and expiration of 60-day window for electing health benefits.
- Provides employment verification data and records check (SF-75) information contained in the automated personnel system
- Produces materials for orientation packages for new employees; and prepares the entry on duty list for the security office.
- Calculates and verifies service computation dates (SCD's). Includes reviewing forms of new employees to see if transcripts of service must be ordered; requesting official personnel folders from Government agencies; ordering personnel folders from the Federal Records Center in St. Louis, MO.
- Assists Employee and Labor Relations (E&LR) Programs - assists in administering awards and performance management programs; performs filing; case assembly work; tracking of cases; processes E&LR associated personnel actions; takes meeting minutes; and provides administrative support (including, but not limited to scanning, copying, filing documents in eOPFs, scheduling meetings, and providing logistical support).
- Audits and corrects information to be entered into the database; verifies information being entered; traces and corrects errors and discrepancies by analyzing data, searching records, contacting employees, and checking and reconciling information.
- Reviews position descriptions for accuracy and consults with supervisors/employees to correct discrepancies.
- Reviews requests for personnel action received from field units
- Provides basic orientation information to new employees concerning responsibilities, civil rights, labor-management relations, etc..
- Monitors work to ensure that no backlogs develop, and provide assistance to all Human Resource Specialist when their assigned human resources assistant is absent.
High School Diploma
Required Experience and Skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an administrative environment, which includes answering telephone inquiries, preparing correspondence, prioritizing workload and anticipating needs; and dealing with the public
- Knowledge of automated personnel/payroll systems and procedures and the ability to interpret and apply knowledge of these procedures and techniques to a variety of situations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft computer systems and software, including Outlook, Excel and Word software programs
- Ability to respond to a high volume of telephone and written inquiries, manage multiple tasks and activities in a busy environment; analyze information and develop tracking systems; and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills to include the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, organize work and develop efficient working systems
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Federal Integrated Systems CorpWelcome to FedSync, your next career step. We look forward to working with you. Please check out benefits and website for more details: www.fedsync.net