- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
POSITION: Administrative Manager DATE: May 2022
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources FLSA: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director, Human Resources LOCATION: Onsite/Reston, VA
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Administrative Manager maintains, oversees, and manages all Office of Finance’s (OF) administrative services including oversight over office spaces to ensure that the workspace is clean, safe, and functional. The incumbent will operate across different business functions, working on both a strategic and operational level.
This is a hands-on job for a small company of 130 employees on two floors and requires the Administrative Manager to oversee the smooth functioning of the corporate office space and office procedures to make the workplace more efficient for the OF’s employees. This includes managing day-do-day operations of facilities (i.e. ordering office supplies, parking access, building access, etc.), organization and cleanliness of shared office spaces, (i.e. offices, conference rooms, kitchens, copy rooms etc. and routine maintenance through external vendors and property management.
The incumbent must have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, strong management skills, excellent administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a balance among multiple priorities. This person must be a self-starter and able to work under pressure to handle a variety of activities.
All newly-hired employees at the Office of Finance will be required to present acceptable proof of vaccination confirming that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their commencement of employment with the Office of Finance, subject to reasonable accommodation considerations under applicable law.
- Planning, coordinating and managing the OF’s administrative procedures to streamline processes.
- Develop and manage the Facilities Annual Budget, including the approval of vendor bills.
- Maintain day-to-day operations of facilities, including completing maintenance orders.
- Respond to office administrative requests submitted by employees through Service Now.
- Manage the OF’s badge process, including the relationship with Datawatch, by maintaining the issuance, activation, and deactivation of badges for employees, contractors, and visitors.
- Manage the office parking access process, including the relationship with both Boston Properties and the parking garage vendor.
- Manage the maintenance requests process through Boston Properties.
- Manage the vendor management process, including onboarding new vendors, and serve as the Vendor Management Steward for Facilities.
- Manage all maintenance-related contracts and processes for office equipment (i.e. printers, copiers, postage, HVAC, generator, etc.), including scheduling routing maintenance.
- Manage and schedule routine inspections and emergency repairs as needed.
- Manage the office supply process, including kitchen-related supplies.
- Manage the office-wide newspaper subscriptions.
- Manage the cleanliness and overall organization of the office floors.
- Manage the relationship with property managers (i.e. Boston Properties and others), including managing overall process for lease renewals, amendments, negotiations, etc.
- Manage the physical furniture inventory process, including ordering furniture.
- Manage office seating, including floor plans, office name/title tagging, and office/cubicle readiness for new hires and/or moves.
- Manage the OF’s Physical Security Policy, including ensuring proper security measures are in place and collaborating with security system vendors.
- Manage FedEx and UPS accounts and facilitate office-wide shipment of materials using FedEx and UPS online to schedule pick-ups and receive deliveries.
- Manage receipt and distribution of all incoming and outgoing office-wide mail.
- Contact locksmith for issues with locks and keys.
- Provide oversight and backup coverage for the front desk during business office hours, monitor other office access points via security cameras, and contact building security in the event of suspicious activity and/or alert staff.
- Manage any office renovations, construction, and refurbishments including oversight over RFP process; manage selection and management of vendor relationships (i.e. architect, designers, general contractors, furniture distributors, etc.).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and other office software and computer applications. Computer savvy is important for this role.
- Support the OF’s diversity and inclusion strategy by following policies and procedures that promote opportunities for employees and diverse business partners.
PRINCIPAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience.
- 5-7 years’ experience in facilities management, property management, office management, or equivalent related functions; experience managing corporate office spaces.
- Knowledge of OSHA and other environmental regulations.
- Knowledge of general maintenance methods, operating requirements, and safety precautions related to facilities management.
- Strong procurement and negotiation skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with suppliers, employees, contractors, etc.
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task and demonstrate good time management skills.
- Proactive with the ability to make quick decisions and solve problems.
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment within established policy guidelines.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with all levels of management and staff.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgement when serving OF employees.
- Ability to listen and integrate ideas from diverse groups of individuals, build and maintain respectful relationships, collaborate with others, and resolve conflicts constructively.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
The Federal Home Loan Banks Office of Finance is committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture, hair type and protective hairstyles), color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin or ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, uniformed service member status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a parent, marital status, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Federal Home Loan Bank
BusinessView all jobs at Federal Home Loan Bank