Federal Hill Consulting is looking for a Customer Support Engineer that will be based out of Washington, DC. The Customer Support Engineer will be a member of a team that works directly with customers via phone and e-mail to respond to and resolve their Network service related issues. The position requires an individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills, who is self-motivated and is able to work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Answer incoming phone calls from customers on their layer 1, 2 and 3 services
- Work with customers via phone and e-mail to identify and resolve their service related issues
- Clearly document all steps taken to identify and resolve a customer reported issue
- Manage a queue of customer created tickets, ensuring that customers are updated with status and progress is being made towards resolving their issue.
- Work with and coordinate effectively with all members of the Customer support team and other internal teams as well as vendors in order to ensure swift resolution of customer issues
- Ability to work professionally with customers, vendors and internal groups under all circumstance
- Manage customer expectations and escalations and de-escalate the situation as necessary
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned
- The ideal candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications/training, or work experience
- Cisco equipment experience and certifications (CCNA) will be highly valued
- Strong technical knowledge in the area of networking (TCP/IP), IP protocols (BGP, IGP, OSPF, IS-IS, MPLS...), IP addressing, DNS and IP-VPN is desired
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and desire to provide excellent customer service
- Must excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are required for success
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Reliable employment history with an emphasis on attendance and being punctual for work.
- Availability to work on a shift including one Weekend day. (Flexibility a MUST)
FedHill is an EO employer- M/F/Vets/Disabled