Construction Site Superintendent
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title The Construction Site Superintendent is the on-site representative of Federal Construction and schedules the day- to-day activities of the craftsmen. Ensuring a clean and safe jobsite while adhering to all plans, specifications and quality requirements. They will also work directly with the Project Manager and General Superintendent clarifying scopes of work and planning the work of the project. Work with Owners and other stakeholders to ensure that the project is completed quickly and efficiently with client satisfaction as the primary goal.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule the daily work of craftsmen, material deliveries, testing agencies, site inspections, and on-site labor
- Conduct regular progress meetings on site with craftsmen, suppliers, and other stakeholders to facilitate coordination of site activities
- Meet with client representatives regularly to discuss the status of the project
- Keep the job site neat and orderly through regular cleanup and good housekeeping practices
- Communicate and enforce safety rules for everyone on site
- Regularly plan the activities for the upcoming weeks with an eye towards coordinating issues ahead of time to eliminate re-work and added costs
- Control costs through efficient use of resources and value engineering when possible
- Maintain regular paperwork for the job file (time sheets, daily reports, progress photos, testing reports, inspections, etc.)
- Ensure all work complies with the plans and specifications set forth by the Design Team
- Confirm that the completed project is of the quality standards that TeamFederal is known for
- Verify that work is installed in a workmanlike manner (straight, plumb, level, etc.)
- Eliminate (to the extent possible) the need for warranty work by staying on top of all construction activities daily
- Prepare and complete as-built drawings as the work progresses
- Supervise the completion of all punch list items
- Light carpentry, formwork, concrete pouring, site cleanup, finish carpentry, etc.
- Operate small equipment as needed (skid steer, scissor lift, core drill, concrete saw, etc.)
- Capitalize on daily opportunities for excellence
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years of Commercial General Contractor site supervision experience
- Minimum of 10 years of construction experience
- OSHA 10 certified
- Strong organizational skills
- General knowledge of all building phases and trades
- Ability to stack the schedule and accomplish the work in the shortest timeframe possible while adhering to the plans, specs, and quality standards that are required
- Communicate effectively in person and through technology including MS Office software, email and cell phone
- Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints
- Proactive—looks for problems that could impede progress and takes responsibility for solving them
- Ability to work well with diverse personalities
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs often and up to 100 lbs occasionally
- Ability to work indoors or outdoors in all temperatures and weather conditions
- Ability to walk over uneven terrain and climb ladders
- Perform occasional concrete work, rough and trim carpentry
- Dress and act in a professional manner at all times
- Ability to speak and write the English language fluently
Get fresh Construction SITE Superintendent jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.