The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the completion of high profile projects on time, within budget and within scope. This role will oversee all aspects of project(s) from start to finish by coordinating efforts involving a multi-disciplinary team of architects, designers, subcontractors, vendors, owners/developers, and in-house staff. The ideal candidate will have outstanding interpersonal skills, the ability to adjust to changing priorities from various directives, and a clear understanding of cost accounting principles.
- Manage relationships with all internal and external parties in order to determine specifications of the project, resolve conflict, and support success.
- Understand and comply with all federal, state, local building codes, ordinances and regulations while maintaining the highest standards for safety and quality
- Must have skills to develop industry relationships and expand professional networks.
- Exceptional communications skills, written and verbal with technical and non-technical staff and all levels of management.
- Experience in drafting and submitting budget proposals, recommending subsequent budget changes when necessary.
- Capable of developing a critical path schedule, comprehending construction drawings.
- Secure and allocate all resources needed for the completion of the project including building permits, licenses, materials, equipment.
- Negotiate, manage and communicate changes to contract scope, schedule and costs.
- Plan and execute inspections, assess compliance and quality, minimize risk.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Regularly confer with senior management to monitor and report on compliance, quality and productivity.
- Be a strong team leader, build synergy within and across the team, and develop individuals.
- Some travel required.
- Previous experience managing construction for Federal, State, and local governments, USACE, USAF, NAVFAC, Customs and Border Protection, GSA, and SCE highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Architecture or with 5+ years’ related experience.
- Experience managing various contract types including design-build, fixed price, JOC, IDIQs, and set-asides.
- Knowledge of business and management principles including budgeting and resource allocation.
- Read, understand and interpret construction plans, schematics, blueprints, drawings and technical manuals to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Knowledge of architectural, construction and design-build techniques, including self-performed work.
- Solid computer skills, with working knowledge of MS Office, including Outlook, Project, Excel and Word.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of ProCore, Sage, Bluebeam, and PlanSwift highly preferred.
- OSHA-30 certification.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Pre-employment and background check and drug screening will be required.
This position description is a summary and not a complete representation of the position; the essential functions of the position may change as duties are assigned.
OCS is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. OCS complies with all applicable laws.