As the Senior Data Analytics Specialist and Supervisor, you will serve as a technical project expert/consultant and is responsible for comprehensive data studies and initiatives for the Federal Acquisition Service (FAS), Office of Customer and Stakeholder Engagement (QC).
**Location of position: Washington, DC.**
Learn more about this agency
We are currently filling one vacancy, but additional vacancies may be filled as needed. Additional vacancies may be filled through this announcement in this or other GSA organizations within the same commuting area.
This position is located in the General Administration Service, Federal Acquisition Service (FAS), Office of Customer and Stakeholder Engagement (QC). The Office of Customer and Stakeholder Engagement is responsible for providing data driven, strategic account management that delivers mission value to FAS portfolios, our agency clients, and the taxpayer. You will be responsible for the following:
* As an expert in the field of Data Analytics, formulating and implementing policies that streamline operations, improving efficiency, and capturing Government savings in the primary management functions. * Conducting, organizing, leading, directing, and coordinating quantitative and qualitative studies and analyses that are highly technical in nature. * Managing assigned human resources of the Branch. * Assigning work, planning and scheduling the work of employees, counseling employees on all employment-related issues. * Providing expert advice to FAS leadership, Program Directors, and other personnel on quantitative analysis programs, proposals, and plans. * Developing recommendations based on study results, and providing senior management with new decision support systems and/or strategic business information. * Exercising a high degree of skill in oral communications to make formal and informal presentations to higher level management, and communicating with current and potential clients.
### Travel Required
Occasional travel - May be required to travel for business.
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
* #### Job family (Series)
0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
### Conditions of Employment
* US Citizenship or National (Residents of American Samoa and Swains Island) * Meet all eligibility criteria within 30 days of the closing date * Meet time-in-grade within 30 days of the closing date, if applicable * Register with the Selective Service if you are a male born after 12/31/1959 * Direct Deposit
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
* Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a **political** Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch. * Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level). * Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position * Serve a one year supervisory or managerial probationary period, if required
For each job on your resume, provide:
* the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year) * number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-15 salary range starts at $134, 789 per year.
**S****PECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: **
You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience applying a wide range of analytical and evaluative methods and techniques in order to develop, implement, manage, and evaluate programs and policy. Such experience would include, process improvement, change management and the use of business data systems to structure, review, and present information to senior executives for use in the decision making process.
### Additional information
Bargaining Unit status: Not applicable
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be scored on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities. Your responses to these questions must be supported by your resume or your score may be lowered.
* Skill in applying advanced data analytic principles, concepts, methods, standards, and practices. * Ability to supervise and lead a department. * Skill in providing technical solutions, advice, guidance, and recommendations to top management officials. * Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
If you are eligible under GSA?s Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
**To preview questions please click here.**
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
Public Trust - Background Investigation
##### Drug test required
* Required Documents
## Required Documents
ALL required documents must be submitted before the closing date. Review the following list to determine what you need to submit.
**If you are **CTAP** eligible** - **submit a, b, and c**: **(a)** proof of eligibility including agency notice; **(b)** SF-50, and **(c)** most recent performance appraisal.
**Current or Former Political Appointees:** Submit SF-50.
#### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
You will have access to many benefits including:
* Health insurance (choose from a wide range of plans) * Life insurance coverage with several options * Sick leave and vacation time, including 10 paid holidays per year * Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan) * Flexible work schedules * Transit and child care subsidies * Flexible spending accounts * Long-term care insurance * Training and development
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
* How to Apply
## How to Apply
Submit a complete online application including any required documents prior to 11:59 pm Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement. You can modify or complete your application any time before the deadline. Simply return to USAJOBS, select the vacancy, and update your application. For more detailed instructions on how to apply, click here: Apply for a GSA Job.
To begin, click the **Apply Online** button on the vacancy announcement.
* Sign in or register on USAJobs and select a resume and documents to include in your application. * Once you have clicked **Apply for this position now**, you will be taken to the GSA site to complete the application process. * Click the **Apply To This Vacancy**and complete all steps in the application process until the Confirmation indicates your application is complete. **If you click Return to USAJobs or get timed out prior to receiving confirmation, your application will not be submitted and cannot be considered for this job.** * **Note: **Review the REQUIRED DOCUMENTSsection of this announcement to determine which apply to you and must be submitted online. You may choose one or more of the following options to submit your document(s): **Upload** (from your computer); **USAJOBS** (click the "USAJOBS" link to complete the transfer process) or **FAX** (read the ?Fax instructions? provided prior to printing the Fax Cover Sheet and faxing your information).
** Need Assistance in Applying?** Contact the HR representative listed on the announcement prior to the application deadline. We are available to assist you Monday-Friday during normal business hours. You must receive HR approval before deviating from these instructions. **Be sure to APPLY EARLY as most assessments must be completed fully and submitted before the announcement closing.**
### Agency contact information
### Monique Gibson
GSA, Federal Acquisition Service General Services Administration Washington Area Service Center 1800 F Street NW Washington, District of Columbia 20405 United States
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
After the closing date/deadline:
1. **ELIGIBILITY/QUALIFICATIONS:** Your application will be reviewed for all requirements. 2. **REFERRAL TO MANAGEMENT:** If you meet all the requirements, you may be referred to management for review and a possible interview. 3. **SELECTION/TENTATIVE JOB OFFER:** If you are selected, you will receive a tentative offer and start the suitability and/or security background investigation process. 4. **FINAL JOB OFFER:**Once our security office determines you can come on board, you will be given a final offer, which is typically 40 days after the announcement closes. 5. **FINAL COMMUNICATION:** Once the position is filled, we will notify you of your status. You may also check your status by logging into USAJOBS. Go to My USAJOBS and then to Applications.
**Thank you for your interest in working for U.S. General Services Administration!**
* Fair & Transparent
## Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
* Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
* An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. * An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. * An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
* Financial suitability * Social security number request * Privacy Act * Signature and false statements * Selective Service * New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/520462400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
*Open & closing dates:* 12/27/2018 to 01/09/2019
*Pay scale & grade:* GS 15
*Salary:* $134,789 to $164,200 per year
*Appointment type:* Permanent
*Work schedule:* Full-time
Federal Acquisition Service
Browse Data Analytics Specialist Jobs in Washington, DC