Join us at Fedcap for an exciting career with Breaking the Cycle!
Fedcap Rehabilitation Services, Inc. was launched in 1935 by three WWI veterans who came home from war and could not find work due to their injuries. Today Fedcap Rehabilitation Services, Inc. is a vibrant, growing company working throughout the Northeast placing people with disabilities in living wage jobs in high visible areas such as Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. In addition to Total Facilities Management, Fedcap Rehabilitation Services has commercial businesses operating within the Manufacturing, Print and Document Imaging and Security sectors.
Fedcap Inc. is committed to employment. Fedcap Inc. is founded on the belief that everyone can work--all they need is the support and the opportunity. Through the provision of individualized work readiness classes, job placement and post placement support -- people served in Fedcap, Inc. succeed.
Fedcap’s Breaking the Cycle program has had a remarkable impact on needy families in the State of Maine.
Purpose of the Position:
The Vocational Evaluator will manage a caseload to ensure the delivery of all vocational evaluation and employment planning services are provided within prescribed timeframes.
- Interview clients to ascertain employment, education and training histories
- Assess client's vocational interests, abilities, strengths, weaknesses, aptitudes, behaviors and functional limitations by administering and scoring a battery of tests and vocational evaluation tools
- Supervise the measurement and recording of client responses to motivational techniques and criticism, as well as organizational ability, perseverance, attendance, punctuality, flexibility, interpersonal skills, work habits and communication skills
- Develop employment plans, including education and vocational training referrals, Work Experience Program (WEP) referrals, and appropriate jobs/job families, based on the results of the DVE and other medical, mental health, substance abuse and psychosocial assessments.
- Case conference with other BTC service providers on an as needed basis, including case managers, work readiness instructors, job placement coordinators, job developers and WEP specialists.
- Document client services and activities in Fedcap CARES system
- Prepare DVE/IPE reports
- Other department duties as assigned
- Knowledge of and ability to follow agency and department policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of vocational systems and valid testing procedures required.
- Knowledge of labor market and world of work
- Ability to be patient and sensitive to individuals with disabilities
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Bi-lingual (English-Spanish) candidates preferred
Education: Bachelor's degree in vocational rehabilitation, vocational education, psychology, or education or the equivalent in a related field