We are hiring in New Castle, Delaware! Join us at Fedcap Rehabilitation for an exciting career as a Job Coach.
Mission: To create opportunities for people with barriers to economic well-being www.fedcap.org.
In 1935 three men who had sustained injuries in WWI met in Times Square and literally changed the world for people with physical disabilities. Fedcap Rehabilitation Services provides an array of services to youth and adults, helping thousands of individuals graduate from high school, obtain vocational certification or a college degree, become work-ready, and obtain meaningful employment as they achieve long term economic well-being.
Job Title: Job Coach
Location: New Castle, Delaware
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Type: Full-Time
Salary: 25,000 – 35,000 Annually
The Job Coach will assist individuals with disabilities to learn and maintain competitive community-based employment. Utilizes structured intervention techniques to help an individual learn to perform job tasks to the employer's specifications and necessary interpersonal skills to adjust to the work environment. In addition to job-site training, job coaching includes related employment preparation tasks such as travel training, advocacy, and other services needed to maintain employment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Meet with employer/worksite supervisor to ascertain job duties and employee daily work shift responsibilities.
- Directly at the worksite, provide time-limited job coaching assistance to individuals, in their learning style, to learn specific job duties and adjust to work environment.
- Observe an individual's work performance and offer support as necessary to improve workflow and behaviors for a person to achieve employer/company expectations. Ongoing contact with employer/supervisor for feedback as to employee's performance.
- Fade job coaching and eventually cease as the individual becomes independent on the job; develop natural supports for an individual at the worksite.
- Complete necessary paperwork for funders and to bill service accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provide travel training prior to job placement, as necessary.
- Conduct job shadowing with program participants as warranted.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor's Degree in Human Service Field preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in a nonprofit or workforce development setting preferred.
- Must have own vehicle and a valid Drivers License.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to Diversity, M/F/D/V.
An organization started in 1935 by three World War I veterans who came home from war and could not find work because of their injuries, has become a vibrant organization where the opportunities are endless. Fedcap employees take pride in their work and enrich the lives of others. We are each a part of a team that makes a difference every day and provides the "Power of Possible."
Fedcap Rehabilitation ServicesFedcap Rehabilitation Services is a family of companies that provides programs and services that changes the lives of persons with barriers. We help individuals move toward independence as valued members of their communities and in the workplace. Fedcap was one of the first vocational rehabilitation programs for the physically disabled in the United States and has broadened its services to address many more people who are marginalized. An organization started in 1935 by three World War I veterans who came home from war and could not find work because of their injuries, has become a vibrant organization where the opportunities are endless. Fedcap employees take pride in their work and enrich the lives of others. We are each a part of a team that makes a difference every day and provides the "Power of Possible."
New Castle, DE