All Shifts Available. No GED or HS Diploma Required. Benefits Available!
Purpose of the Position:
The Home Health Aide carries out health care tasks under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Therapist and works as a liaison with patient's health care team. Performing task identified in the scope of practice by the New York Department of Health.
*Routine Home Health Aide Functions:
- Assisting administration of medication by a self-directing patient, including prompting the patient as to time, identifying the medication for the patient, bringing the medication and any necessary supplies or equipment to the patient, opening the container for the patient, positioning the patient for medication administration, disposing of used supplies and materials, and storing the medication properly
- Providing routine skin care, including assemble necessary equipment and supplies, position patient, use support equipment, maintain clean environment, dispose, store reusable supplies and perform personal care and inspect skin for signs of pressure and/or irritation
- Using medical supplies and equipment such as Hoyer (hydraulic) lift, walkers, wheelchair, splint, brace, sling or prosthesis.
- Assists with care of teeth and mouth; assists with grooming care of hair, including shampooing and the ordinary care of nails; assists with bathing of patient, in bed, tub, shower or sponge bath;assists patient on and off bedpan, commode and toilet; assists patient with dressing
- Must be able to perform transfers and lifting of at least 50 pounds
- Takes temperature, pulse, respiration and when advised keeps simple records as instructed by the Registered Nurse, measuring specimens such as urine, stool and sputum, including the measurement of intake, output and weighing the patient as directed.
- Assist in performing active and passive range of motion
- Performs other pertinent care functions as assigned and demonstrated by the professional Registered Nurse
- Accompanies patient to obtain medical care
- Tidies the kitchen, bedroom, bathroom; makes and changes beds; dusts and vacuums the rooms used by patient
- Lists needed supplies
- Shops for the patient if no other arrangements are possible
- Does the patient's personal laundry if no family member is available; this may include necessary ironing, mending, and sending lines, clothes to the laundry.
- Performs other errands as needed and appropriate
- Preparation of meals in accordance with modified and complex diets assists the patient with eating as needed.
Has certificate from a New York State Department Approved Training Program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to make good judgment
- Knowledge of task to be performed
- Ability to take direction
If a NYS Certified Home Health Aide, you must have worked within the last two years as a Home Health Aide