USCG Electrical/Electronic Drafter (Wiring)
Job Title: Electrical/Electronic Drafter (Wiring)
This position is in support of the United States Coast Guard (USCG) Aviation Logistics Center (ALC). The ALC requires Technical Data Support Services (TDSS). The Graphics QC specialist shall serve as the point of contact (POC) for the Government for all matters related to graphics QC and standardization. The Electrical/Electronic Drafter will serve as liaison between the technical requestor and the graphics section, working with both Government and contractor personnel.
- Working with both Government and other contractor wiring engineers and technicians at ALC to develop complete and technically accurate vector wiring diagrams in Vector Graphics Maintenance Tool (VGMT) format, to include associated wiring and equipment lists before being submitted to ESD Graphics
- Serving as a liaison between the technical requestor and the graphics section by using VGMT software to produce wiring diagrams and drawings
- Providing engineering drawing services as defined IAW CGTO PG-85-00-240-A, Graphics Style Process Guide
- Developing accurate wiring diagrams with all required wiring details that are both common and standard across aircraft platforms
- Providing S1000D expertise in support of the USCG's effort to develop and sustain aircraft wiring diagram IETMs and transition into Intelligent Wiring
- Working with the Aircraft Wiring Configuration Control Manager (AWCCM) to verify proper wire numbers, electrical symbols, wire lists, and equipment lists for the development and sustainment of configuration control and management of all aircraft wiring parameters
- Researching and providing input (current and future) for all written USCG procedures used to create and maintain wiring configuration and incorporate changes in aircraft wiring diagrams
- Utilizing the Remedy system for assigning, tracking, and managing work requests
- Ensuring all fields of the Remedy ticket are complete and accurate prior to resolution
- Supporting the Wiring Program Manager with research and attend meetings
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Associate degree or certificate in Graphics Design
- Experience in wiring or electrical systems
- 2+ years of experience interpreting and developing aviation wiring diagrams and drawings
- Extensive knowledge of electrical systems and wiring diagrams, information database management experience, S1000D, IETMs, Intelligent Wiring and experience with TO's
- A fundamental understanding of NAVAIR 505 series, NAVAIR 509 series, SAE 50881F, MIL-HDBK-522, MIL-HDBK-525, IEEE standards, and ASME Y14 Standards
- Proficiency in PTC IsoDraw, PTC Creo Elements Drafting Software, and VGMT
Work Setting and Environment:
- Monday - Friday, normal working hours
- Work is to be performed at ALC offices in Elizabeth City, NC
How FedWriters Will Compensate and Appreciate You:
FedWriters offers team members the opportunity to gain a lasting impression in this fast-growing small business.
FedWriters provides a competitive package of salary and benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage; a matching 401(k) program; generous Paid Time Off (PTO); STD; LTD; life insurance; and more!
FedWriters abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a), and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
FedWriters is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race; ethnicity; religion; gender; age; national origin; marital status; sexual orientation; gender identity; family responsibilities; matriculation; physical or mental disabilities; political affiliation; genetic information; status as a protected veteran; or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in applying for employment with FedWriters and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for the position, please call (703) 872-7848. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis. FedWriters is a federal contractor seeking veteran referrals.
FedWritersElizabeth City, NC
ManufacturingView All FedWriters Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.