Sr. Instructional Systems Designer
FedWriters Fairfax, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Sr. Instructional Systems Designer
FedWriters offers team members the opportunity to gain a lasting impression in this fast-growing small business. We are a professional writing, communication, and analysis company that provides more than 20 Federal agencies with our services. We help government and commercial organizations develop a range of products, including technical reports, training materials, regulatory and policy documents, engineering documents, multimedia content, and more!
Every satisfied client is attributed to your efforts. It's the perfect time to get in with FedWriters and join a company that is consistently ranked as one of the fastest growing companies in America. Take a minute to check us out!
www.fedwriters.com | https://www.inc.com/profile/fedwriters
You Are A Perfect Fit If You, Like FedWriters, Value:
- Teamwork you believe teams are essential for promoting success and growth.
- Leadership you value leadership and the structure it provides in order to facilitate efficiency.
- Goals you strive to achieve goals and to ensure success and growth.
- People you value people, including yourself, and strongly believe in the power of maintaining healthy relationships.
- Manage instructional design-related tasks, deadlines, and deliverables supporting U.S. Coast Guard (USCG).
- Design, develop and update performance improvement products for the U.S. Coast Guard individual qualification programs (IQPs).
- Develops and updates traditional and interactive study aids, technical and administrative manuals, and user guides; develops and validates knowledge tests.
- Performs thorough extant data reviews, including gathering and analyzing information from end-users, subject matter experts, accomplished performers, and other sources.
- Analyzes validates and documents performance requirements of the target audience.
- Designs new deliverables, revises technical content, and formats materials that conform to USCG templates and software and hardware criteria.
- Assists in the production of policy documents and written correspondence and communication products.
- Provides administrative support in the form of logistics, correspondence management, data entry, word processing, and template development.
- Provides support in the development of SharePoint-related projects.
- Delivers electronic and hard copy contract deliverables and accomplish various tasks using USCG software and systems.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of instructional design experience.
- Familiarity/background with the U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Navy, or Department of Defense.
- Demonstrable record of developing instructional content using data from subject matter experts and other client-approved sources.
- Strong command of the English language, with a proven record of producing professional, clear documentation throughout a complete project cycle.
- Proven ability to manage deadlines and deliverables across multiple projects.
- Senior-level experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including SharePoint.
- Experience working on Department of Defense training and education programs preferred.
- Must be able to travel within the United States.
- Must have or be able to obtain (and maintain) a government clearance.
Work Setting and Environment:
- This position is to be performed remotely.
How FedWriters Will Compensate and Appreciate You:
FedWriters provides a competitive package of salary and benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage; a matching 401(k) program; generous Paid Time Off (PTO); STD; LTD; life insurance; and more!
FedWriters abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a), and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
FedWriters is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race; ethnicity; religion; gender; age; national origin; marital status; sexual orientation; gender identity; family responsibilities; matriculation; physical or mental disabilities; political affiliation; genetic information; status as a protected veteran; or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in applying for employment with FedWriters and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for the position, please call (703) 872-7848. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis. FedWriters is a federal contractor seeking veteran referrals.
EducationView all jobs at FedWriters