Program Support Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Program Support Specialist
The purpose of this position is to provide program and administrative support to our Federal Bureau of Prisons (FBOP) contract. This contract involves the assessment and implementation of the First Step Act (FSA). This position is an ideal opportunity for a recent university graduate looking to get their foot in the door and establish contact with top minds in the field.
- Providing project administrative support to a team of social scientists' tasks with:
- Identification, review, and evaluation of existing evidenced-based recidivism reduction correctional programs outside of the Federal Bureau of Prisons
- Conduct reviews of programs that are submitted from external sources to the Bureau
- Performing administrative responsibilities, such as meeting minutes, coordination, and scheduling meetings for busy personnel across multiple time zones, booking travel
- Conducting research to identify points of contact within State Department of Correction, State programs
- Monitoring Project Deliverables and Timelines
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Graduate Degree in Social Science
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's in Criminal Justice or other related field
- Prior experience providing service delivery work inside a correctional facility
- Familiarity with risk and needs assessment research and processes
Work Setting and Environment:
- Monday - Friday, normal business hours, EST
- Work is to be performed remotely
- On-site federal contractors, in federal buildings or on federal lands must comply with CDC guidelines with respect to wearing masks, maintaining physical distance, and other public health measures.
How FedWriters Will Compensate and Appreciate You:
FedWriters offers team members the opportunity to gain a lasting impression in this fast-growing small business.
FedWriters provides a competitive package of salary and benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage; a matching 401(k) program; generous Paid Time Off (PTO); STD; LTD; life insurance; and more!
FedWriters abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a), and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
FedWriters is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race; ethnicity; religion; gender; age; national origin; marital status; sexual orientation; gender identity; family responsibilities; matriculation; physical or mental disabilities; political affiliation; genetic information; status as a protected veteran; or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in applying for employment with FedWriters and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for the position, please call (703) 872-7848. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis. FedWriters is a federal contractor seeking veteran referrals.
BusinessView all jobs at FedWriters
Get fresh Program Support jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.