Payroll and Travel Project Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Payroll and Travel Project Manager (Part-Time)
The purpose of this position is to support payroll and travel functions for the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC). PBGC collects insurance from premiums from employers that sponsor insured pension plans, earns money from investments, and receives funds from pension plans it takes over. PBGC protects the retirement incomes of about 44 million American workers in more than 35,000 defined benefit pension plans.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager who can define scope from abstract or conceptual definitions, develop a set of tasks to accomplish the project, coordinate and monitor the work involved in the tasks and deliver a final product on schedule. This candidate must have the ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with other employees and clients.
- Manage the delivery of all scheduled work and project deliverables
- Provide program oversight and management of employees
- Defining and planning project scope, key tasks, and business plans
- Assisting with the development and conduction of classroom training for PBGC
- Notifying the COR when payroll updates cannot or are not performed on a weekly basis
- Ensuring that PBGC rules policies, and procedures for authorized release of payroll information and release of information about individual employees are strictly followed
- Following up on the status of leave audits
- Identifying necessary corrections to employee records as result of investigations and audits within ten (10) business days
- Approving travel plans and expense reports
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- At least 2 years of project management experience
- A. or B.S. degree in Business, Finance, or another applicable business-related field
- An equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides comparable knowledge, is acceptable
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- 5 years of management experience
- Experience working with payroll and travel software
Work Setting and Environment:
- Monday - Friday, normal business hours
- NTE 20 hrs per week
- Work is to be performed at PBGC Headquarters at 445 12th Street SW, Washington, D.C.
- On-site federal contractors, in federal buildings or on federal lands must comply with CDC guidelines with respect to wearing masks, maintaining physical distance, and other public health measures.
How FedWriters Will Compensate and Appreciate You:
FedWriters offers team members the opportunity to gain a lasting impression in this fast-growing small business.
FedWriters provides a competitive package of salary and benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage; a matching 401(k) program; generous Paid Time Off (PTO); STD; LTD; life insurance; and more!
FedWriters abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a), and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
FedWriters is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race; ethnicity; religion; gender; age; national origin; marital status; sexual orientation; gender identity; family responsibilities; matriculation; physical or mental disabilities; political affiliation; genetic information; status as a protected veteran; or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in applying for employment with FedWriters and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for the position, please call (703) 872-7848. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis. FedWriters is a federal contractor seeking veteran referrals.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at FedWriters