Navy Senior Editor
FedWriters Newport, RI
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Senior Editor
FedWriters offers team members the opportunity to gain a lasting impression in this fast-growing small business. We are a professional writing, communication, and analysis company that provides more than 20 Federal agencies with our services. We help government and commercial organizations develop a range of products, including technical reports, training materials, regulatory and policy documents, engineering documents, multimedia content, and more!
Every satisfied client is attributed to your efforts. It's the perfect time to get in with FedWriters and join a company that is consistently ranked as one of the fastest growing companies in America. Take a minute to check us out!
www.fedwriters.com | https://www.inc.com/profile/fedwriters
You Are A Perfect Fit If You, Like FedWriters, Value:
- Teamwork you believe teams are essential for promoting success and growth.
- Leadership you value leadership and the structure it provides in order to facilitate efficiency.
- Goals you strive to achieve goals and to ensure success and growth.
- People you value people, including yourself, and strongly believe in the power of maintaining healthy relationships.
The purpose of this position is to provide editing service for scholarly works selected or considered for publication in the International Law Studies (ILS) as well as editing of associated documents and critical reviews of works pending publication decision for The Stockton Center for the Study of International Law (Stockton Center) of the U.S. Naval War College (NWC).
- Editing services on scholarly works selected or considered for publication in the International Law Studies (ILS) as well as editing of associated documents and critical reviews of works pending publication decision. All articles will be prepared per Harvard Blue Book citation guide.
- Edit Stockton Center workshop summaries. Editing will be for content, format, syntax, style, and consistency per the Stockton Center Blue Book citation guide.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 10 years of experience of editing legal publications.
- Minimum of Juris Doctor (J.D.) and Master of Law (LL.M) degrees in public international law or related field.
- Highly specialized knowledge of international law and scholarly citation authority as set out in the Harvard Blue Book citation guide.
- Advanced copyediting skills and abilities to include subject matter expertise and knowledge of citation forms, grammar, and usage required by The Blue Book: A Uniform System of Citation, Chicago Manual of Style, and the Stockton Center's Style Manual.
- Extensive experience handling public international law matters in real-world operational environments.
- Highly specialized knowledge of international law applicable to military operations, Naval War College activities, and the subjects presented during 2017 and 2018 conferences and workshops.
- Joint and naval warfare operational experience, familiarity with the Stockton Center missions and functions, and editing experience is desired.
- Previous service on active duty in the United States military or working closely with United States military strongly preferred.
Work Setting and Environment:
- Monday through Friday, normal business hours.
- Naval War College, Newport, Rhode Island.
- On-site federal contractors, in federal buildings or on federal lands must comply with CDC guidelines with respect to wearing masks, maintaining physical distance, and other public health measures.
How FedWriters Will Compensate and Appreciate You:
FedWriters provides a competitive package of salary and benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage; a matching 401(k) program; generous Paid Time Off (PTO); STD; LTD; life insurance; and more!
FedWriters abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a), and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
FedWriters is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race; ethnicity; religion; gender; age; national origin; marital status; sexual orientation; gender identity; family responsibilities; matriculation; physical or mental disabilities; political affiliation; genetic information; status as a protected veteran; or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in applying for employment with FedWriters and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for the position, please call (703) 872-7848. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis. FedWriters is a federal contractor seeking veteran referrals.
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at FedWriters