Administrative Assistant/Staff Officer
- Over a month ago
Job Title: Administrative Assistant/Staff Officer
We're looking for a dynamic individual to join our team in Arlington, VA, providing critical support to our J2 team. As our Administrative Support Specialist, you'll be responsible for a range of tasks, including processing staff actions, managing databases, and coordinating staff training.
- Managing and processing a range of requests that are essential to operations, ensuring they are completed accurately and efficiently
- Processing Administrative Requirements Tasking System requests
- Providing support to the task managers of subordinate organizations & processing staff actions throughout their entire life-cycle
- Providing support to senior staff members by actioning requests, editing, monitoring, and preparing staff actions for review, signature, and filing
- Preparing and processing civilian and military awards
- Updating, editing, and reviewing J2 SharePoint sites
- Managing database entries
- Coordinating staff training
- Assisting Staff Officers with the on and off boarding of civilian, military, and contractor personnel
- Including setting up JSIN accounts, parking, and parking
- Assisting Staff Officers and Senior Staff member using the Defense Travel System (DTS)
- Including preparing travel orders, processing vouchers, and managing Lines of Accounting (LOA)
- Scheduling and managing all J2 meetings, video tele-conferences (VTCs), and other IT related support
- Ensuring daily accountability for J2 personnel
Join our team if you have:
- TS/SCI clearance with the ability to obtain a CI poly
- At least 3 years in administrate support to the Intelligence Community (IC)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to type 30 words per minute
- Basic office planning skills
- Working knowledge of DTS and the JTR
- Bachelor's degree
Work Setting and Environment:
- Monday - Friday, normal working hours
- Work is to be performed at the Pentagon in Arlington, VA
How FedWriters Will Compensate and Appreciate You:
FedWriters offers team members the opportunity to gain a lasting impression in this fast-growing small business.
FedWriters provides a competitive package of salary and benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage; a matching 401(k) program; generous Paid Time Off (PTO); STD; LTD; life insurance; and more!
FedWriters abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a), and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
FedWriters is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race; ethnicity; religion; gender; age; national origin; marital status; sexual orientation; gender identity; family responsibilities; matriculation; physical or mental disabilities; political affiliation; genetic information; status as a protected veteran; or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in applying for employment with FedWriters and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for the position, please call (703) 872-7848. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis. FedWriters is a federal contractor seeking veteran referrals.
BusinessView all jobs at FedWriters
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?