Principal, Program Manager (DOD)
- Posted: over a month ago
Principal, Program Manager (DOD Team) - Accelerators, Startup Studios, Internal Innovation
If you’re the type of person who wants to shape the future of technology on Earth (and beyond!), build startups with breakthrough tech, and run complex programs - then we should talk.
At FedTech, we lead by example and from the front. Our leaders are not arm-chair supervisors, they are roll-up-your-sleeves type of team players. In this role, you will embody that philosophy.
The DOD (Dept. of Defense) Team at FedTech:
- Our DOD Team provides bespoke business services to a variety of deep tech dual-use startups and small businesses, entrepreneurs, technology transfer professionals, and intrapreneurs globally
- We partner with large and complex agencies and companies that are looking to advance dual-use technology in the world for good
- We serve ventures ranging in size from 1-100+ employees, founded on breakthroughs in physics, chemistry, AI/ML, cybersecurity, quantum, biotechnology, and other science-based innovations
- We continually reinvent the playbook for maximizing ROI for businesses and organizations
- We build a diverse and creative team that is excited by the challenges of meshing technology growth strategies with business development
What you will do:
You will be one of the leaders of the DOD Team, focused on managing our suite of different programs designed to take idea to product to scale in the broader defense ecosystem. You will be establishing best practices, creating trainings, managing program finances, leading a diverse team, leading client engagements, advising startups, and positively contributing to the team culture. We have built expertise in the variety of operational guidance tools for startups, and you will join us as we scale our processes, people, and product. You’ll work closely with company leadership and project managers who lead the implementation of our programs. You’ll be our resident expert in the scaling an idea from patent to market adoption, resulting in significant impact to our defense stakeholders.
- You are excited by our mission to create a better society by catalyzing deep tech innovation
- Scale up our DOD Team capabilities to address global private and public sector needs
- Manage and direct multiple projects across our team, responsible for high-quality execution and growth of individual projects
- Empathize with our stakeholders, proposing creative evolutions of our offerings
- Identify and pursue opportunities to solidify FedTech as a leader in our space
- Consult directly with our startups on a wide variety of tech development and business processes
- Creative out-of-the-box solutions using data and understanding of our space to implement ideas
- Nurture relationships across the Dept of Defense ecosystem on behalf of our stakeholders
- Manage, develop and mentor junior staff
- Support broader team initiatives across the DOD team
- Any other number of innovative tasks that help us achieve our mission - we’re a startup
The ideal candidate has:
- An advanced degree in business or engineering/science, or equivalent experience
- Approximately 7-10+ years of experience in relevant industries: entrepreneurship or entrepreneurial support organizations, professional services, management consulting, government contracting, or program management
- Extremely strong program management skills, including relevant software tools (e.g., excel, asana, ppt, airtable, etc.)
- Experience in executing, renewing, and growing accounts
- P&L ownership experience
- Familiarity with the needs of early-stage technology-oriented ventures and/or innovation at large organizations.
- Expert-level communication (oral and written) skills
- Adept at motivating and supporting direct reports and other staff to achieve a shared vision
- Ability to build strong relationships with a diverse set of people
- Relentlessly drives towards action (testing, measuring, iterating)
- PMP and Six Sigma certifications are a plus
- Experience in writing proposal is a plus
What we value at FedTech:
- Grit: courage, resolve and intestinal fortitude to persevere in the face of uncertainty and failure.
- Conscientiousness: goal-oriented, efficient, organized, hard-working and reliable
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion: we recognize and actively value the equality of all people. We always drive to reflect on, correct, and prevent the many barriers that remain
- Self-Awareness: Without honest, frequent introspection, we cannot improve ourselves
- Execution: We are always driving towards action, rapid learning, reflection and iteration
- Integrity: Our reputation is everything to us. It takes years to build, but can be destroyed overnight if our moral compass ever wavers
- People: We treat our team members as we would like to be treated
- Extreme ownership: We take full responsibility for everything that goes wrong and share the glory
- Non-conformity: Because "....that's how it's always been done" is not an acceptable answer
At FedTech, we believe in diversity as a strength. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience or background doesn't precisely match the job description. Ultimately, we want people with grit and integrity who are passionate about our mission. Join us.
We are unable to sponsor H1-B Visas at this time.
Commuting distance to our Arlington, VA HQ is preferred. Alternative arrangements may be considered.
Total Compensation Range: $100K - $125K
Flexible. Upside in bonus, rapid career progression, and ability to earn equity.
A competitive benefits package including 401K with employer match, competitive health/dental/vision plans through Blue Cross Blue Shield, unlimited PTO, employer paid disability insurance, and flexible work arrangements (3 days onsite in Arlington, 2 days remote with the opportunity for alternative arrangement requests on a case-by-case basis).
Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally is required (~10%-20%).
Powered by JazzHR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?