Diesel Technician - Earn Up to $30.30/Hour + Excellent Benefits
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Now Hiring Diesel Technicians in Reno, NV!
Earn Up to $30.30/Hour + Excellent Benefits
FedEx Freight is looking for people to fill Shop Technician positions.
Position overview: provide timely, quality, and cost-effective repair and maintenance for a vehicle fleet including tractors, trailers, forklifts and other equipment that requires preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, modifications and documentation to ensure a safe and efficient fleet of vehicles.
- STEP ONE: Complete this short form
- STEP TWO: Complete the online technician application on the FedEx Careers page (provided upon completion of STEP ONE)
- STEP THREE: Connect with a FedEx career specialist; we will contact you upon completion of the FedEx Freight application
Start Working with FedEx - Apply Now!
- Earn $27.50 - $30.30 Per Hour
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance Benefits Start in the first 31-60 Days!
- Paid Vacation
- Personal/Sick Paid Time
- Holiday Pay
- Wellness Programs
- Long and Short-Term Disability
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Credit Associate
- Direct Deposit
- Tuition Assistance
- Shift Pay Differential for 2nd and 3rd Shifts
- Safety Shoe Reimbursement
- ASE Master's Certification Earns Additional $5.50/Hour
- $700 Tool Allowance Per Year
- $120 Shoe Allowance
- Performs preventative and routine maintenance on tractors, trailers, forklifts, and other equipment
- Performs basic diagnostics to identify source of trouble and makes necessary adjustments to equipment for safe and efficient operation
- Works with other technicians in performing preventative maintenance and repairs
- Ensures proper and accurate documentation of all maintenance performed, completes reports in writing and electronically
- Performs safety inspections of equipment and documents the work
- Performs paint and body work on vehicles, as required
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- High School Diploma (or GED), preferred
- Must have one (1) year experience performing vehicle maintenance or either possess (or be within sixty (60) days of obtaining) a vehicle maintenance certificate from an accredited vocation/trade school or completion of the FedEx Freight, Inc. Apprentice Program with satisfactory performance.
- One or more Medium/Heavy Truck ASE Certifications and Class A CDL preferred
- Must possess necessary tools to perform assigned tasks
- Valid driver’s license may be required depending on work assignment
- Knowledge of the use and operation of testing equipment, gauges and tools associated with vehicle troubleshooting and repairs
- Basic computer skills including maintenance programs, and diagnostic systems
- Basic knowledge of gas and diesel engines
- Familiarity with precision measurement instruments, oxygen/acetylene equipment, and lifting devices (bottle, floor, wheel, or transmission jacks, floor cranes, etc.) preferred.
- Able to frequently lift components weighing approximately 110 pounds with appropriate equipment and/or assistance from another person
- Ability to safely operate vehicles equipped with manual and automatic transmission
- Ability to enter and exit driver’s compartment of truck and/or behind cab using normally available foot and handholds
- Paint and body work experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team member
- Basic written and verbal communication skills
Start Working with FedEx - Apply Now!
An equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
FedEx - Technician Reno, NV
Get fresh Diesel Mechanics jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.