FedEx Express - Sr Global Vehicle Technician/DOT/CDL (Mechanic)
FedEx Express Allentown, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Company: FedEx Express
Job Title: Sr Global Vehicle Technician/DOT/CDL (Mechanic)
Job Requisition Number: RC433284
Job Family: FXE-US: Vehicle Maintenance
Time Type: Full Time
Location: Allentown, Pennsylvania
If you have what it takes to run your own vehicle maintenance shop, you will do even better running one of ours
If you would like the independence of running your own vehicle maintenance shop and have the skills, knowledge of DOT operations, sense of responsibility and do not want the financial risks that come with ownership; we have a vehicle maintenance shop waiting for you at FedEx Express. The position offers a full time salary and benefits, as well as all the other advantages one has working for this great company. These are just a few of the many reasons why running one of our shops is right for you.
With your ‘can-do’ attitude and technical savvy, you will have an indispensable role keeping our trucks moving while being employed with the world’s largest transportation company. In addition, you will receive world-class training, responsive support from great team members, and opportunities for advancement should you so desire. FedEx Express culture is renowned for the promote-from-within policy, so if you want to relocate to another location or even another state, this can certainly be an advantage for your career.
As a Senior Vehicle Technician at FedEx Express, you get the shop to run and a fleet of trucks to repair and maintain within an innovative organization where your voice and input is valued. Whether it is completing the necessary paperwork, placing reorders and/or repairing trucks, you are the person that will make it all happen!
You will be in charge of everything associated with running a field operation and keeping a fleet in impeccable order, such as:
- Provides timely, quality maintenance for FedEx vehicle fleet and ground support equipment which requires preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, modifications, and documentation.
- Documents work and maintains adequate inventory using FedEx computer systems.
- Ensures work is in accordance with OSHA and DOT standards.
- Guides and supports a staff of technicians and trainees.
Along with a sense of ownership and high energy, the right professional has:
- A HS Diploma or GED
- Possession of applicable licenses and automotive-related vocational training.
- ASE Master certification preferred.
- Four (4) years fleet, automotive or truck vehicle advanced technical repair and maintenance experience.
- Experience with welding and basic D.C. electrical troubleshooting preferred.
- Knowledge of the use and operation of all equipment and testing equipment, gauges and tools normally associated with the troubleshooting and repair of hydraulic, gasoline, diesel, electric, and/or hybrid motorized equipment.
- Proficient skills in operating a personal computer.
- Demonstration of teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Possession of basic set of automotive hand tools including metric sizes.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and maneuver any weight above 50 pounds with assistance on a regular basis.
- Ability to work without supervision for extended time periods. Must be able to work in noisy, non air-conditioned/heated work area.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must possess a valid driver's license in state of residence.
- Must meet qualifications as outlined in section 391 of the federal motor carrier safety regulations.
- Medical exam required.
- Non-Covered Safety Sensitive position.
So, if you have always wanted the freedom to run a shop, FedEx Express has that shop waiting just for you.
Pay rate – up to $44.17 per hour
Addition premium pay of $5.42 for ASE Master Technician qualification
The Company offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision care coverage, 401K, and tuition assistance to eligible employees.
FedEx Express is an EEO/AA employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, age (except for bona fide occupational qualifications), sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or a related medical condition), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military leave or service, status as a disabled veteran or other covered veteran status, participation in EEO protected activity, any other status protected by federal, state, or local law, or association with a person on the basis of one or more of the foregoing.
FedEx Express is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.