Director of Information Technology
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Seeking an IN-PERSON Director of Information Technology to be responsible for selecting, implementing, and managing technology systems. They will work closely with the Chief Information Officer and other IT stakeholders to identify, create, and implement effective IT solutions.
- Responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the organization and structure of the firm's local and wide area networks.
- Oversees network operating systems and the application software available to network users.
- Oversee the procurement process for file servers, software, switches, routers, and all other network equipment as needed. Maintain contract renewal procedures for products and services.
- Leads software implementations and upgrades to existing systems as well as the implementations of third-party application integration processes.
- Provides support to end users, identifies continuous improvement opportunities and develops training/communication materials.
- Trains IT support staff on all aspects of the effective use and operations of the firm's networking and operation systems.
- Helps develops related policies and procedures, ensuring that an appropriate level of support coverage is always available, and that knowledge is effectively shared.
- Manages staff including monitoring staff workflow to ensure that workloads are appropriately weighted and balanced; coordinating assignments to meet daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines.
- Manages hybrid/remote work arrangements, ensuring that all work is performed without reduced productivity or efficiency due to the remote arrangement, maintaining regular communication with the remote worker, and managing agreed upon metrics to measure performance.
- Participates in interviewing and candidate selection, assimilation, and training of new financial systems staff, as needed.
- Provides guidance/coaching to staff members through real-time feedback during the course of day-to-day interactions.
- Identifies areas for additional training to ensure that skill levels meet the firm's high standards of excellence. Provides guidance and development opportunities to help staff members achieve longer-term career aspirations.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, IT Management, or 10+ years' experience in IT Networking required.
- 5+ years of Network Management or IT management in a law firm or professional business environment.
- Advanced knowledge of the network physical layer for Cisco routers, switches, and firewall products.
- Advanced knowledge with Cisco switches and routers; HP servers; Windows Server OS and Active Directory; VMware ESXi 5.0;
- NetApp Storage Area Networks; Exchange 2010; Network backup and restore, including NetApp's SnapManager for Exchange; remote access solutions including Citrix and VPN; network routing protocols such as EIGRP and BGP; and antivirus and spam-blocking solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory and Group policy management
- Advanced knowledge of SCCM 2012 windows and application deployment
- Understanding of VPN, QoS, and IP routing/switching concepts
- Advanced knowledge of configuring, installing, and maintaining Microsoft Windows Server products, Exchange, VMware, NetApp filers, HP servers, Cisco Meraki wireless LAN controllers and access points, and Citrix Xenapp
Get fresh Director of IT Operations jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.