Group Home Assistant Manager - 2nd shift
- Posted: over a month ago
- $40,000 to $41,200 Yearly
- Full benefits
- $1500 sign-on bonus for full-time employees
- 403b plan
- Paid time off
- Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Employee referral bonus program
COVID-19 considerations: Favarh currently has a vaccination protocol in place. In order to be hired by Favarh, all candidates must be fully vaccinated.
- Sunday: 11 am - 8 pm
- Monday: 1 pm - 9 pm
- Tuesday: 3 pm - 11 pm
- Wednesday: 1 pm - 9 pm
- Thursday: 2 pm - 9 pm
The Assistant Manager in Residential Services is responsible for the daily operation of the residential program to which he/she is assigned. The Assistant Manager may be required to be available to residential staff in the manager’s absence. The daily operation of a residential program includes implementing procedures and individual programs that will enhance opportunities for residential participants to reach the highest level of independence. The Assistant Manager in Residential Services is responsible directly to the Residential Manager and indirectly to the Residential Coordinator or Director, and shall function in accordance with FAVARH policies as established by the Board of Directors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Follows procedures in a manner that respects the human and civil rights of individual participants and staff.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills, which enhance communication between participants and/or staff and departments.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
Supervises the accurate administration of medication with oversight by the nurse:
- Assures that prescribed medications are accurately and timely dispensed to participants.
- Places orders of participants’ medications as needed.
- Maintains all medication records in cooperation with the FAVARH Nurse.
PARTICIPANT SUPERVISION/PROGRAM MANAGEMENT COORDINATION:
- Provides “on-the-floor” orientation training to instructors.
- Assists in maintaining household management records, including the utilization of Therap.
- Implements outlined daily routine at the program and assists in ensuring completion of all activities relating to the daily operation of the residential site.
- Assists Residential Manager with supervision of program staff.
GENERAL RESIDENTIAL SITE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews shift with outgoing staff. Reviews logs and checks personal mailbox.
- Completes communication, nursing, medication, behavior, and other individual logs on a daily basis.
- Utilizes Therap for all program related documentation and ensures that staff is trained in its use and that it is utilized by staff in accordance to established policies and procedures.
- Instructs residents and ensure completion of their daily/weekly chores.
- Suggests, supervises, and documents leisure activities for residents.
- Ensures the transportation of residents as assigned or needed while following all related policies and procedures.
- Dispenses medication to residents as required by medication administration regulations.
- Provides individual counseling to residents as needed for minor adjustment problems, referring more serious problems to the Residential Manager.
- Implements and assures that staff implements behavioral programs as specified by the Behavior Specialist.
- Implements and assures that staff practices restraint procedures as specified in the Behavior Policy.
- Ensures promotion and encouragement of participants’ advocacy for their human and civil rights.
- Remains on duty until relief staff is secured.
- Performs Assistant Manager responsibilities at all residential sites as needed or assigned.
- Attends meetings/trainings as assigned.
- Develops and maintains good public relations and publicity by communicating the purpose and needs of the Residential Department and favarh.
- Actively participates and encourages participation in Agency special events and fund raising activities.
- Reports to the Residential Manager any issues that interfere with the operation of the program and suggests improvements.
HABILITATION PROGRAM RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes Life Skills Assessment annually and as assigned.
- Assists in development of the IP and the writing/completion of individual programs/task analyses. Assists in obtaining teaching materials.
- Attends the participant’s annual IP as assigned.
- Ensures implementation and assists in implementation of goals and objectives according to the IP.
OTHER RELATED DUTIES & REQUIREMENTS:
- Reports house and vehicle maintenance needs to favarh transportation/maintenance personnel and Residential Manager.
- Maintains sound interdepartmental communication.
- Assists participants in banking/budgeting transactions and completes necessary documentation.
- Assist participants in purchasing personal items, i.e., hygiene supplies, clothing, leisure supplies, etc., and completes/provides necessary documentation.
- Maintains sound interdepartmental communication.
- Ensures implementation of resident’s physician’s orders and communicates health/medical changes to Nurse, program staff and Residential Manager
- Completes other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Medication Administration Certificate required within 6 months of hire to continue position.
- PMT is required within 6 months of hire to continue in the position.
- Must complete all required Residential Training within 10/30/ 180days of hire.
- Must be physically able to implement restraint procedures and administer CPR without reasonable anticipation of injuring oneself and/or others.
- Possess a valid State of Connecticut Driver’s License (or Rideshare approved State) and obtain a State of Connecticut Public Service Driver’s License, when applicable, within 30 days of hire and be insurable with the Agency carrier without additional expense to the Agency.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Two years of college education from an accredited college in Special Education, Human Services, or related field of study, or equivalent experience. HS Diploma or GED with substantial work experience may be considered in lieu of a college education.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
One year of experience working in the field of Health, Education, Rehabilitation, and/or Residential Services, is preferred.
Individuals must possess integrity, demonstrate initiative/attention to detail, be dependable/reliable, ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and problem solve effectively; flexibility/adaptability.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand/walk for 4 to 6 hours, sit for 1 to 3 hours, drive 1 to 3 hours, lift 20 to 50 pounds; will use hands for repetitive single grasping, fine manipulation and pushing/pulling and operate foot controls. Frequent bending, twisting, squatting, climbing, and reaching, are required.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.