Quality Engineer - Measurement Specialist
Fathom, Inc Hartland, WI
- Posted: September 04, 2021
Fathom is the largest privately held service provider for rapid prototyping and on-demand additive manufacturing in North America. Fathom creates a differentiated customer experience driven by speed, complexity & agility to provide the most unique and impactful on-demand manufacturing in the industry.
With over 90 large-platform industrial-grade 3D printing machines and a national footprint with over 200,000 square feet of manufacturing capacity across five facilities, Fathom seamlessly blends in-house capabilities across plastic and metal additive technologies. The Company also delivers traditional manufacturing technologies that include CNC machining, injection molding and urethane casting and is revered for continually making the complex simple for its customers.
Founded over 35 years ago, Fathom is at the forefront of the Industry 4.0 digital manufacturing revolution serving clients in the technology, defense, aerospace, medical, automotive and IOT sectors. Fathom holds ISO 9001 and AS9100 Rev D certifications and is ITAR registered.
Complete measurement projects as required - First Article Inspection (FAI), capability studies, production verifications, and in process measurements when required. This will be done using the Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM), Portable Coordinate Measuring Machine (PCMM), Optical Comparator, and various hand-held measurement equipment. Create and maintain CMM measurement programs. Provide reports in the AS9102 format, Fathom format, or customer specific format. Provide measurement support to other Fathom Organization facilities.
- Analyzes part print and examines parts to identify and communicate concerns to successfully complete the required measurement project.
- Measure all dimensions using the most appropriate method for each dimension and indicate the method on the first piece layout report.
- Create and maintain computer programs for the CMM for all projects requiring the use of the CMM for measurements and studies.
- Create and document part set-ups on the CMM for measurements and studies.
- Indicates out of tolerance dimensions on first piece layout report.
- Answers any customer's or engineer's questions regarding the layout report results or methods of measurement.
- Performs capability studies on specific part dimensions as requested.
- Maintains files of all measurement projects, and current drawings.
- Maintains the daily Quality Lab schedule.
- Performs gage calibrations and gage R&R studies as requested using the appropriate equipment.
- Cleans and maintains the CMM, PCMM, Optical Comparator, and other measurement devices as required.
- Uses Excel for various forms, reports, and capability studies to present results.
- Supports Manufacturing and Engineering in the identification, control, and documentation of identified in-process or final characteristics to ensure a product that meets customer requirements.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of and conformity to Fathom Quality Management System requirements.
- Follows and complies with safety rules, regulations, and work instructions.
- Accurately completes all required documentation.
- Meets attendance policy requirements.
- Contributes to team effort by assisting in areas as needed.
- Associate degree or equivalent from a technical school, a minimum of 2 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in surface plate layout techniques.
- Minimum of 2 years of CMM programming and operation.
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GDT).
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of a wide variety of measurement equipment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, and customer specific requirements.
- Ability to create measurement reports, and associated procedures or work instructions.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, other employees, and customers,
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- ASQ Certification is desired.
- Ability to work with databases and spreadsheets.
- Must be able to work independently handling multiple tasks and priorities.
ScienceView all jobs at Fathom, Inc