Manufacturing Engineer Company Information:
Fathom is one of the largest digital manufacturing platforms offering on-demand manufacturing in North America. With more than 90 large-platform industrial-grade 3D printing machines and a national footprint with more than 450,000 square feet of manufacturing capacity across 12 facilities, Fathom seamlessly blends in-house capabilities across plastic and metal additive technologies, CNC machining, injection molding & tooling, urethane casting, sheet metal fabrication, and design and engineering.
With over 50 years of industry experience, Fathom is at the forefront of the Industry 4.0 digital manufacturing revolution serving clients in the technology, defense, aerospace, medical, automotive and IOT sectors. Fathom’s extensive certifications include ISO 9001:2015, ISO 9001:2015 Design, ISO 13485:2016, AS9100:2016, NIST 800-171 and ITAR.
Manufacturing Engineer Summary of Responsibilities: The Methods Development team member is responsible for reviewing all customer supplied documents and translating that information into step by step operational requirements for manufacturing to include all materials, purchased components and outside processing. This individual must be proficient in understanding and reading drawings, the use of Solid works, interpreting specifications and have a complete understanding of the sheet metal manufacturing process. They must be able to work with stringent deadlines and be able to multi-task on a daily basis. This individual will also participate with production to develop innovative manufacturing techniques and processes to meet the ever changing needs of our customer.
Manufacturing Engineer Typical Duties:
- Review all supplied documents and input into the ERP all necessary operations, materials, purchase components and outside processes.
- Use Solidworks to develop all of the above without paper documents.
- Works closely with sourcing and procurement to ensure alignment and execution of sourcing activities that support sustainable results to support the specifications and the customer’s requirements.
- Work with Production supervisors and operators to address potential improvements in the methods developed for specific customer requirements.
- Be accountable to the accuracy and quality of the developed methods as they relate to competiveness and profitability of the company.
- Temporarily manage specific assignments and special projects.
- Answer open technical questions that our manufacturers may have around how best to manufacture the parts that we have assigned to them.
- Review proposed ECOs/modifications on projects to evaluate and communicate impacts.
- Contribute to the development of new services, efficiency enhancement projects and the overall improvement of our platform.
- Collaborate with various functional teams to enhance design for manufacturability.
Manufacturing Engineer Qualifications:
- Experience in sheet metal fabrication both manual and automated production environments.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Skillfully use Solid works or other Cad programs.
- Skillfully use Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, MS Teams and/or SharePoint
- Significant finance experience, especially P&L responsibility, is a PLUS
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.