Senior Cloud Operations Engineer 100% REMOTE Opportunity
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior Cloud Operations Engineer
We are working aggressively with the customers to assess and migrate IT systems into cloud-based environments (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services and others) as well as procure and implement new technology to replace legacy systems. The System Engineer is a member of the group of technologists who are responsible for a broad range of application portfolios and technologies. Furthermore, the Engineer is responsible for maintaining a close working relationship with the technology vendors, the system owners, the Information System Security Officer (ISSO) and other key stakeholders to ensure applications and services meet the system security requirements and follow the evolving US Government regulations, the National Institute of Standard (NIST) cyber security standards, the VA information security policies, and the industries best practice.
This is a full-time 100% REMOTE position.
Salary range of $140,000 - $160,000 is based on experience and technical interview.
- Design and manage the complex Cloud engineering and integration of the application, security, and infrastructure architecture.
- Analyzes needs and requirements of existing and proposed systems, and develops technical, structural, and organizational specifications.
- Monitor VA enterprise architecture and computer systems to ensure they are working optimally and that the hardware and software used are compatible with all appropriate VA and Federal policies and procedures.
- Manage VA Cloud infrastructure equipment life cycles, requirements engineering, and capacity planning.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Cloud Infrastructure and Application architecture.
- Identify departmental needs and make suggestions regarding technical direction.
- Design and implement Cloud platform security and data assurance.
- Configure and install software applications for other organizations.
- Test Cloud software applications and systems.
- Analyze VA current and future users' needs.
- Create flowcharts, diagrams, and other documentation.
- Create manuals and detailed sets of instructions for Administrators (Application, System, Data, Network, and Security).
- Analyzes Cloud needs and requirements of existing and proposed systems, and develops technical, structural, and organizational specifications.
- Understand how infrastructure (equipment, connectivity, application interfaces, images and processed data inputs and outputs) are moved from point A to point B.
- Work with an internal customer organization and can troubleshoot for instance, incoming images/data being processed for invoice or other types of processing which might be imbedded in the image/data processing system that is then passed to a data entry or other validation systems.
- Knowledgeable about SSO, SOA, PowerShell, Red Hat Linux, application integrations, scripting, cloud technology & storage, database design and table structure and data security related to PII and PHI data.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree with 12 years' Cloud services experience
- Solid experience in AWS and AZURE platforms and architecture in an Agile DevOps environment.
- Strong experience with Cloud Automation tools, process, and technologies.
- Applicants must have extensive Cloud-related experience demonstrating the competencies needed to successfully perform the responsibilities of the position described above.
- Must have extensive Hands-on Cloud experience working with customers and vendor partners to implement solutions and recommend process improvements that streamline business processes.
- Hands on experience as a technologist writing scripts and queries to move/manage data.
- Experience providing direction to junior cloud engineers and facilitating an environment of knowledge sharing and best practices. Not just a technical expert, someone who has led, and can lead other Cloud engineers.
- Work independently with minimal direction and adapt to daily changes in priorities/deliverables to meet timelines and the needs of the customers.
COVID Policy: In accordance with the Federal Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, this position requires that you are fully vaccinated at least 2 weeks before your start date. You will be required to provide proof of vaccination before you begin employment.
It is our policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Fathom Management LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at Fathom Management LLC