Administrative Assistant Secret Clearance Required
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We seeking an Administrative Assistant to support the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Office.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Answer telephones, record messages, forward calls, and respond appropriately to inquiries. Assist staff with follow-up phone calls on outstanding actions.
- Schedule, coordinate, and provide support for meetings, program reviews, events, interviews, appointments, and other similar activities.
- Research, draft, edit, and facilitate timely responses to a variety of written inquiries as well as Executive or other priority correspondence that requires immediate response. Track incoming and outgoing Executive Secretary correspondence, alerting responsible parties of tasking and ensuring coordination of responses by relevant directorates within established deadlines, review and edit work products, prepare files for circulations, monitor progress, and maintain files (hard copy and electronic). Ensure correspondence and accompanying documents are in compliance with DHS Executive Secretariat policy and procedures.
- Use a variety of software programs including word processing, excel, database, graphics, spreadsheet, PowerPoint, and project management applications, as well as other CWMD Office custom applications (such as Microsoft SharePoint Site and an Oracle based financial database) to perform agency-specific administrative tasks.
- Prepare or assist with the preparation of scheduled and/or ad hoc statistical, metrics, narrative reports and PowerPoint presentations.
- Establish, maintain, and update files, databases, records, and/or other documents; develop and maintain data, and perform routine data entry, analyses, and calculations in the processing of information for ad hoc and recurring reports.
- Perform associated records management duties to include identification of documents as records and determination of proper schedules for record disposition in accordance with CWMD Office policy.
- Draft, edit, and facilitate the development of talking points, public presentations, reports, educational materials, brochures, fact sheets, and/or other materials for internal, Government, and public consumption.
- Perform copying, collation, and assembly of various documentation in-house. Under specific circumstances, prepare documents for printing by completing the necessary forms and submitting them to the Facilities Division for transfer to the Government Printing Office.
- Perform responsibilities as alternate travel preparer using www.Concur.com (or designated DHS system). Administer and prepare travel requests, authorizations, and invoices, coordinate passport/visa requests, research transportation schedules, lodging arrangements, and meeting locations, confirm reservations, and maintain detailed files for travelers. Collect, maintain, and provide data upon request regarding obligation and liquidation of travel expenses.
- Facilitate the passage of security clearances, foreign visitor requests, and other unique processing requirements as needed for staff travel, Government officials, and/or media representatives to the office, CWMD Office activity sites, or other locations.
- Perform basic information gathering, analysis and/or forecasting, for data calls and or reports.
- Assist with office supply management, analyzing standard office needs, researching sources of supply, and notifying the Facilities Division in advance when supplies are required.
- Assist with the planning, organization, and production of CWMD Office sponsored meetings, special events, seminars and programs.
- On behalf of the federal manager, maintain division's personnel performance management files, remind managers when plans and appraisal are due, assist with preparation and tracking, and ensure that documents are submitted in a timely manner to Human Resources.
- Notify Human Resources of any pending staff changes and serve as liaison for personnel or training actions. Maintain records of directorate's training requests and completed attendance of training.
- Serve as liaison with Facilities Division regarding any facilities-related needs of Directorate including space, furniture, property, and safety. Serve as representative on Occupant Emergency Planning team.
- Sort, screen, review, and distribute incoming and outgoing division mail.
- May be required to provide Time and Attendance assistance for division federal employees, inputting records into the automated Time and Attendance system (webTA), providing instructions to staff, answering questions, sending reminders to staff of biweekly submission deadlines, and transmitting files to Headquarters.
- Associate's degree and at least 8 years of job-related experience or equivalent.
- Excellent written communication skills; working knowledge of word processing and integrated software applications; strong organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
- Experience in working with senior level management.
- Active Secret Clearance required.
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE:
On-site at a DHS facility, CWMD Office, Washington, D.C. 20528.
CWMD Offices: 1120 Vt Ave, Washington DC 20005
DHS St. Elizabeth Campus: 2703 Martin Luther King Jr Ave SE, Washington, DC 20593
Fathom Management LLC
BusinessView all jobs at Fathom Management LLC