Edmundite Missions (www.edmunditemissions.org) is a Catholic service organization focused on community development in Selma, Alabama and surrounding small communities. It has been present in Selma for 82 years and is the leading community development organization in this part of Alabama.
To prepare and serve nutritious meals for clients and see to the efficient operation of the dining facility at the Bosco Nutrition Center.
· Follow USDA regulations, State and local health department, and OSHA standards.
· Ensure food preparation areas and equipment are sanitized and orderly.
· Prepare hot and cold foods: broiling, baking, frying, and roasting of meats and vegetables in accordance with established recipes.
· Prepare ingredients for the shift.
· Serve prepared meals to clients in a fast-paced environment.
· Store food properly.
· Exercise the use of cost efficiency with all food and non-food supplies.
· Foster a “team work” atmosphere among employees.
· Communicate with the Director of the Bosco Nutrition Center regarding special events, and operations of the facility.
· Physically bend, lift, kneel and work with thirty 30 pounds minimum: able to handle hot/cold food items packaged in individual containers: load into ovens after being placed on racks.
· Physically handle commercial and non-commercial kitchen equipment upon training.
· Work with industrial cleaning products and follow correct MSDS procedures.
· Stand for long periods of time up to four hours.
· Have working knowledge of equipment used in everyday work activities.
· Maintain and demonstrate a positive attitude, establish good working relations with fellow employees.
· Adhere to The Fathers of Saint Edmund, Southern Mission, Inc.’s policies and procedures
· All other duties necessary for the proper functioning of the Center.
This job description outlines the general nature of the work to be performed by employees in this position. These foregoing are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties and skills for this position
Work is regularly performed in a kitchen and dining facility that exposes one to heat, odors, and noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and lift heavy objects.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Standard days of work are Monday through Sunday, per weekly schedule set by the Director.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED and 4-5 years cooking experience and a valid (current) ServSafe Certificate.
Our Motto, instilled by our founder the late Father Frank Casey, S.S.E., resonates today: “Do the best we can, with what little we have, to serve those most in need.”
Our work is guided by the corporal mercies found in Matthew 25: 35 – 36: ‘For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
Please visit our website at, www.edmunditemissions.org.
Fathers of St Edmund Southern
Why Work Here?As a Catholic organization, rooted in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, we provide food, clothing and shelter to poor and marginalized children and families, young adults and seniors of all faith traditions to meet their immediate needs while addressing the long term issues of systemic poverty in the Deep South. Our Motto, instilled by our founder the late Father Frank Casey, S.S.E., resonates today: “Do the best we can, with what little we have, to serve those most in need.” Our work is guided by the corporal mercies found in Matthew 25: 35 – 36: ‘For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ Please visit our website at, www.edmunditemissions.org.
Stable organization serving the community since 1937.