- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Manager, Culinary Innovation – Snack Brands
JOB SUMMARY AND SCOPE
The Manager, Culinary Innovation is responsible for managing external and internal
activities involving product development and menu innovation for Pretzelmaker and Hot Dog on a Stick.
He/she manages the company’s test kitchen and works closely with the marketing, supply chain, quality
assurance, operations, and training departments. With the ultimate goal of driving sales
and increasing profitability, the manager, culinary innovation will work with the Culinary
Innovation team to develop the brand’s culinary strategy, then work on sourcing
ingredients, recipe development, recipe-writing, cost engineering, and product
showings. The manager, culinary innovation will also be integral in the testing and
implementation of the new items. In addition to new menu item development, the
manager, culinary innovation will work with our operations team and field-level area
supervisors and managers to streamline existing culinary processes.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Product Development 50%
The manager, culinary innovation will manage all steps of the product development process
• Inspiration – Using industry trends, trade shows, primary and secondary
research, and competitive analysis to determine which “big ideas” FAT Brands concepts should
pursue for its menu.
• Ideation – Produce menu item ideas. This ideation may be done with support of
company and franchise stakeholders or supplier partners.
• Validation – Utilize survey tools, focus groups, or other data collection methods
to determine if menu items produced in previous step are appropriate for FAT Brands concepts
• Formulation – Write recipes for the menu items including quantities and
procedures used. Food cost targets and operational constraints must be
considered in this step.
• Implementation – Work with the appropriate cross-functional teams for
communication, testing, development of training materials, and other activities for
the new menu item.
Activities involved in these steps may include: product sourcing, product showings with the
executive team, writing recipes, presenting items to the internal team, Franchise Advisory Board,
Executive team, and more.
Core Culinary Refinement 30%
Lead or provide support regarding all food-related initiatives, including but not limited to:
• Identifying potential opportunities for improving food or labor costs
• Operational simplifications for core menu items
• Utilize data (research, guest comments, etc.) to improve food quality
Test Kitchen Management 10%
The manager, culinary innovation will provide support regarding all activities involved with
the FAT Brands test kitchen, including but not limited to ordering product, cleaning &
sanitation, inventory, and equipment maintenance.
Other Activities 10%
• Represent the brand on TV and other PR appearances as necessary.
• Work with the IT team to program new recipes into back-office system .
• May be called to act as a food stylist for video/photo/social media shoots.
• Nutritional analysis and compilation of nutritional and allergen information for
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Experience in the development of menu items for a multi-unit restaurant brand
(preferably limited service)
2. Understanding of the financials of a restaurant operation including food and labor
3. Understanding of consumer research and trend analysis to support strategy
development including both quantitative and qualitative research methods.
4. Experience in effectively guiding and managing external resource partners in
accomplishing assigned responsibilities.
5. Experience in working in a cross-functional environment where on-going
communication and information sharing are vital to achieving success.
6. Strong written and verbal skills and ability to interface effectively with all levels of
the organization and franchise owners.
7. Ability to influence decision making using consumer and business insight to drive
8. Experience in planning and managing budgets.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, type, and level
of work being performed by the Employee(s) functioning in this job. They are not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and
skills required of personnel so classified nor should they be construed as limiting
the Company’s right to modify the duties of the job.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in culinary arts, food science, or related field (preferred).
Experience: 1-5 years previous menu development experience with a multi-unit
restaurant brand (preferred).
Travel: Up to 30% travel may be required in this position, including
occasional overnight travel.
This work is typically performed in a restaurant or office environment. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and
reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20
pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific visions abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The hazards are only those present in a normal restaurant or office setting or while
traveling by car or plane.
Fat Brands, Inc.
Get fresh Culinary Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.