Fastly helps the world's most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, and scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, and scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, and The New York Times.
The worldwide cloud services market is projected to grow rapidly to $236 billion in 2020, according to Forrester, Inc. As more and more businesses move operations to the cloud, Fastly is well positioned to continue increasing CDN, cloud networking and cloud security market share with edge cloud services that reach beyond content delivery.
We're building a better Internet. Come join us.
We are looking for a Communications Specialist to help keep our audience and community informed about company initiatives, projects and programs that support our brand mission and values, and help evolve our unique brand story.
We're seeking a skilled, compassionate, and ambitious storyteller with excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for crafting experiences that engage, connect, and encourage the amazing humans who make up Fastly and our community. You are a highly-organized writer with a knack for getting to the heart of things, making complex information accessible, keeping projects on track in a fast-paced environment, and facilitating fresh, creative thinking. Join a growing team of communications and marketing professionals focused on challenging traditional thinking and making the inner workings of the internet accessible for a wide audience.
What You'll Do
- Help grow and evolve Fastly's community programs, finding meaningful new ways to make a positive impact
- Manage and prioritize inbound media requests, including press and customer references
- Coordinate speaker training and help develop crisp, authentic messaging for our executive spokespeople
- Research and collect intel from internal and external resources to inform broader communications strategy and initiatives
- Support Corporate Communications team in stewarding consistency in brand messaging and voice across marketing collateral
- Organize and track communications efforts, opportunities, and results
- Coordinate and support press events, including panels, firesides, salon dinners
- Support social media management and engagement with external audiences and community
What We're Looking For
- 2-4 years public relations experience, either in-house or agency-side
- Preferably a bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Business or a related discipline
- Proficiency of written language, communication skills, high standards for excellence, patience, empathy, positivity, drive, holistic thinking, and hands-on creativity
- The ability to hit tight deadlines and calmly change direction on a dime
- You are highly organized, articulate, and communicative, with air-tight judgment
- Proven record of high performance on a productive team
- Eagerness to leverage feedback, learn, and problem-solve collaboratively in real-time
- Attention to detail: you understand the power of the written word, and the impact of releasing dull/inaccurate/messy/off-brand content into the wild
- Demonstrated ability to balance a full plate of high-impact responsibilities, deftly managing competing deadlines and priorities
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly's home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we're not 'one size fits all'. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We're always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.