Branch Sales Associate; $30K Base
Fastenal Paloma, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Leading Distributor of Industrial and Construction Products, Fastenal, is seeking a talented and ambitious B2B Sales Associate.
B2B Sales Associate Overview:
Working as Full-Time Sales Associate, you will have the opportunity to balance formal training with real-world experience running a branch and working with customers. It's a great way to learn the ropes of our fast-paced industry and potentially transition into an Outside Sales position.
This program will begin at our store in Fulton, MO and will introduce you to all aspects of Business-to-Business sales and operations. As you move through the training, you will be able to define the direction that you would like to take your Fastenal career, for instance in Outside Sales, Onsite Supply Chain Support, Operations, etc.
Competitive Compensation: $30K base plus commissions
Great Benefits, including: Health, Life, Long Term Disability, and Dental Insurance, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, and 401(k) with an employer contribution.
Location: In office (Fulton, MO)
B2B Sales Associate Requirements:
- 18 years of age or older
- Valid driver's license as well as the ability to meet our driving record requirements
- Possess or are working towards a degree in Business/Marketing OR have related industry experience and knowledge of the local market
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and Proficient computer skills
- Demonstrate strong math aptitude, attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Exhibit strong aptitude for sales and desire to earn commission after the training period
- Ability to lift, slide and lower packages that typically weigh 25lbs-50lbs and may weigh up to 75lbs
- Ability to pass the required drug screen (applicable in the US, Puerto Rico and Guam ONLY)
B2B Sales Associate Responsibilities:
- Assisting with sales and customer service
- Managing inventory
- Placing and fulfilling orders
- Performing local sales calls and deliveries with a company vehicle
The training experience includes hands-on, online and classroom training offered through our corporate university. The training program for current employees who are promoted into these positions will vary based on prior experience with the company.
Since 1967 Fastenal has grown as a distributor of industrial and construction supplies from a single branch to approximately 3,000 servicing locations, each providing tailored local inventory and personal service for our customers. As we've expanded across the world, we've retained a core belief in people and their ability to accomplish remarkable things - if given the opportunity. From this philosophy stems an entrepreneurial culture that challenges every employee to run their own business, create their own success, and advance to become company leaders.
As a growth company with a solid financial position, we are committed to training, promoting from within, and creating opportunities for our employees. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are looking to make your mark as part of an elite growth company, you won't find a better fit than Fastenal.
BusinessView all jobs at Fastenal