***New Hires are eligible for $1000.00 Sign-On Bonus!***
Here at FAST of Florida, a Southern HVAC company, our motto is, “Growing by Giving Great Service” and we prove it every day!
We are currently seeking an HVAC Service Technician to repair and maintain residential HVAC systems for our Clearwater, Florida location.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Requires at least 3 years of experience servicing residential and light commercial HVAC systems
- Possess basic proficiency in MS Word, Type at least 20 wpm.
- Valid driver’s license and clean DMV record.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass employment reference and criminal background check
- Must be able to pass drug screening(s)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds routinely
- Able to supply, maintain and work with a variety of basic tools.
- Self-starter with positive attitude.
- Well groomed, neat appearance
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written)
- Excellent customer service skills with desire to exceed customer expectations
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Possess good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Have working knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Install, maintain and repair heating, ventilation, and cooling units for both commercial and residential customers.
- Diagnose Refrigerant circuits: Determine refrigerant levels, loss of heat load, troubleshoot compressor issues, basic brazing.
- Diagnose Electrical circuits: Loss of line and low voltage, faulty electrical components, wire existing controls and motors.
- Travel to job sites in service area, and work with dispatch to ensure schedule is maintained and delays are properly communicated to customer.
- Maintain proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in the vehicle.
- Maintain and submit monthly mileage log forms.
- Document all installed equipment/parts, prepare operational reports and use company pricing guidelines to generate customer quotes and invoices at job site.
- Obtain customer signature at completion of job. Accurately obtain customer information and request email address.
- Measure materials or objects for installation or assembly and fabricate parts or components.
- Maintain clean and good working order of company vehicle including refueling as necessary, reporting any mechanical issues, and filling out and submitting weekly vehicle inspection form.
- All other duties as assigned by the department supervisor.
Southern HVAC is a premier service company providing air conditioning and heating repair service, HVAC sales and maintenance service. We are comprised of the following companies based in Florida, North Carolina, and Texas:
- Advanced Air and Heat
- Duron Smith A/C & Heat
- FAST of Florida
- Fox Service Company
- Palm Coast Heating & Air
- Patrick’s Heating & Air Conditioning
- US Heating & Air (USHAC)
- Yellow Dot Heating and Air Conditioning
We believe our employees are the most valuable business strength; therefore it is important to us that we take care of our own. We make it a point to recognize and reward those who work hard. We provide a stable, secure work environment that promotes learning and growth from within. We invest in our employees through development, ongoing feedback, open dialog, and implementing their fresh ideas. We focus on celebrating success, building relationships, and encouraging continuous growth.
We make available a top notch benefits plan which includes:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package including Health, Dental, and Vision insurance options
- Supplemental Insurance – Accident, Critical illness, etc.
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account options
- Paid Personal Time Off & Holidays
- Life insurance options for you and your family
- Strong 401k and more
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, deliver as a way of life and are inspired to make a positive impact, consider applying with us today!