Position: Customer Service Representative.
If you’re as sharp as a tack, if you’ve just got that knack for reading people, and if you’re as smooth as silk on the phone…
Then we’d love to harness your smarts, drive and ambition, and help you build a stellar career in Customer Service.
In 25 years, Fast-Rite International has grown to be a supplier of choice for fasteners, stampings, castings and assemblies. We have earned this position by partnering with our customers to solve their unique component management needs with quality products supported by excellent service from motivated and knowledgeable people.
We are looking for a talented Customer Service Representative to join our fast-growing team, located in Glendale Heights, Illinois.
What you’ll be responsible for…
As a member of our Customer Service Team, your role is pivotal to our company’s growth and success.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Process new orders and quote requests
- Perform case management and handle customer service inquiries and inbound calls regarding billing, shipments, incorrect shipments, and freight.
- Enter call data in the relevant CRM databases to assist case management reporting.
In short, you make dealing with Fast-Rite simple, effortless and enjoyable for customers.
How we help you make the most of your skills…
Naturally, you’ll have the tenacity to work independently. But that doesn’t mean you won’t have our support.
- We provide full training in our products, and the pros and cons of different services. We’ll also train you in how to use “our” CRM.
- And your Customer Service Manager is there to provide help when you need it, and leave you alone when you don’t!
This isn’t a sales role. You don’t have to do cold calling (we have a specialist inside sales team for that!).
What you need to bring to the table…
If you don’t like talking on the phone, this probably isn’t the role for you.
Before you rush to send off that resume and shiny cover letter, here are some specifics about what we want:
- Customer service or inside sales experience. You’ve been in an administrative customer service role previously. You have worn a headset before, and you know how to interpret what somebody on the other end of the call is feeling.
- Comfortable talking on the phone. This is a customer service role: the only real way to speak with customers is over the phone. You know how to sound professional and maintain your calm.
- You’re inquisitive. You have a passion for learning about products and can articulate them with perfection to customers.
- CRM experience. You’ll be competent in using CRMs and case management systems.
- You’re organized. There’s a difference between saying you’re organized and actually being organized.
“ So what’s in it for me,” you ask?
- Competitive salary
- Complete Benefits Package (Health, Dental,401(K), etc.)
- And a host of other things that make coming to work a pleasant experience!
How to maximize your chance of success…
If you’re crazy-excited about this position you should follow these steps carefully to maximize your chance of success:
- Prepare a cover letter that is tailored to this role. It must demonstrate you’ve read over this job description and highlight how your background and education is applicable. GENERIC COVER LETTERS will be discarded and not considered.
- Your resume in Word or PDF file. Ensure it has your proper contact information.
No phone calls or emails please!
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 2 years
- Industrial or Distribution Customer Service: 1 year
- High school or equivalent
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
We are proud to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Fast-Rite maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.