The accounts payable clerk is responsible for maintaining vendors’ master file, invoice/credit memo entry, weekly check process, and assorted accounting functions for our branch in Mexico. This role is responsible for accurate financial information for both domestic and foreign branches.
- Create new and maintain existing domestic, overseas, and freight vendors
- Review invoice and credit memos prior to approval for payment
- Analyze profitability for materials purchased
- Analyze and process all freight bills
- Reconcile and forecast funds required for Mexico branch
- Generate and post entries for Mexico branches
- Assist in month-end and year end process
- Assist accounting department with projects and ad hoc assignments
- Responsible for check runs, payment scheduling and fielding A/P phone calls
- Preferred 2-year degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field but not required Former experience will be considered
- Efficient with Word, Excel, and Computer navigation
- SAP experience desirable but not required
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Efficient and Effective communicator
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred but not required
Ideal candidates will be strong multi-taskers, detail oriented and feel comfortable in a fun yet busy working environment. They must be punctual, reliable and organized. Must be able to work independently, as well as part of a team.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
We are proud to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Fast-Rite maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.