About the Company
Fast Pace Urgent Care is rapidly growing and a leading provider of urgent care and primary care clinics across Tennessee, Kentucky, and Mississippi. With over 95 clinics and counting, Fast Pace Urgent Care provides quality care to our patients at a reduced cost in underserved rural communities, while fostering a culture of fellowship among our team members. We are committed to hiring compassionate, driven team members that will ensure our patients receive remarkable care.
Fast Pace offers a number of challenging and meaningful career paths, providing you with the opportunity to work with the best people, grow your career, and most importantly, make a difference in people's lives.
Fast Pace Urgent Care is guided by the following core principles: Quality of Care, Teamwork, Friendliness, Empowerment, and Communication.
At Fast Pace Urgent Care, Medical Assistants provide clinical and administrative support essential for effective patient care under the direct supervision of a Provider, Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant. The Medical Assistant is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment and is responsible for providing outstanding patient service.
- Deliver clinical and administrative support for the team and adhere to all policies and procedures of the company.
- Ensure that the activities of the Medical Assistant are conducted in a manner that is consistent with overall department expectations and are in compliance with Federal and State regulations, guidelines, and requirements including working knowledge of all health information management issues such as HIPAA.
- Prepare exam and treatment rooms for patient intake.
- Triage patients by checking vitals, performing blood draws and giving injections, etc.
- Observe patients, charting, reporting changes in patients' conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and taking any necessary action.
- Assist with lab testing and phlebotomy.
- Assist providers in preparing for minor surgeries and physicals.
- Prepare and maintain supplies and equipment for treatment.
- Assist patients utilizing a Virtual Medicine Provider.
- Ensure accurate completion of patient charts in a timely matter and forwarding charts as appropriate on a daily basis.
- Assist with scheduling of tests and treatments and instruct patients on collection of any necessary samples and tests.
- Arrange referrals to a specialist and obtaining pre-authorizations when directed to by the Provider.
- The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all employees.
- The ability to build and maintain confidence and credibility with all employees.
- The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees; maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that results in a positive work relationship with customers, co-workers, and managers.
- The ability to perform the physical, use of senses, cognitive, and environmental functions of the position, as specified on the physical demands.
- Ability to comply with Company standards of operations.
- Ability to adhere to the Core Values of the Company, of teamwork, communication, empowerment, quality of care, and friendliness.
- The ability to promote and maintain a respectful culture of employee, employer and business confidentiality.
- Assist with clerical work such as checking in patients, obtaining and recording demographic, insurance and financial information, with strong attention to detail and in a manner that is professional and caring to our patients.
- Verify insurance eligibility and relay relevant information on payment policies and billing/collection processes.
- Work as part of the overall team by answering the telephone, taking messages and returning voicemails in a friendly and professional manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities- What you Need: