Affiliation: NJCAA DIII / Region XV
Duties: The Head Women’s & Men’s Swimming & Diving Coach will report to the athletic director, and will be responsible for managing all facets of the women's and men’s swimming and diving team in accordance with NJCAA, NE District, Region XV, and FIT Athletics rules and regulations. The head coach will be responsible for:
- Upholding all applicable NJCAA, Region XV and FIT Athletics rules and regulations.
-Recommending appointment/retention of assistant coach and team manager; providing supervision for these staff members.
- Recruiting quality student-athletes based on academic goals as well as athletic ability.
- Attending all practices and meets; providing team and individual skill development.
- Scheduling, planning and organizing practice sessions.
- Scheduling all regular season and post-season meets.
- Entering athletes for scheduled events as required by meet directors in advance of deadline.
- Planning and coordinating of team travel arrangements.
- Managing team budget and keeping strict records of all expenditures and receipts.
- Reporting results and providing a synopsis of meets for promotion on website and social media.
- Reviewing equipment / apparel inventory and preparing orders after each season.
- Promoting the team by participating in various events / activities on and off campus.
- Overseeing team academic success and personal growth in team members.
- Attending required coaches meetings and completing trainings as assigned.
- Availability for weekday evening practices and weekend meets.
- Availability for attending post-season championship swim meets which include some weekdays and overnight trips.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher required.
- Four years of successful head coaching experience in an academic setting preferred.
- Outstanding managerial, organizational, technological and verbal/written communication skills required.
- History of success in the areas of recruiting, player development and fostering holistic success in team members preferred.
- Must be able to obtain CPR / AED and lifeguard certification prior to the time of appointment.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing preferred.
Stipend Range: $10,000-$12,500 per annum (based on experience, qualifications and budgetary allowance).
Terms: FIT coaching positions consist of at-will appointments that last for one fiscal year, and do not carry any medical, annual leave, sick leave, or other fringe benefit entitlement.