Farwest is the preeminent metal solutions provider within the greater Western United States for all of your metals needs.
Position: CDL Class A Truck Driver - Vancouver
Purpose of the Position: Operate a semi-truck and trailer in a safe and professional manner. Deliver material to our customers with the highest level of courtesy and respect and be a front line representative of Farwest.
Enhance customer satisfaction by delivering material to customer locations on time and with a professional attitude. Develop a rapport with personnel at customer's facilities to make more efficient use of your time as well as exchange information.
Accurately picking up backhauls and fabricated material by ensuring material is in good condition and correct. Share information that will help with deliveries and increase customer satisfaction.
Assist warehouse with loading and unloading when necessary to expedite processes and material accuracy.
Comply with federal requirements by maintaining equipment to ensure safe operation both on the road as well as off. Perform required equipment checks and see that all deficiencies are repaired and documented. Maintaining an accurate electronic log book at all times, keeping a current CDL and DOT medical card.
Share information with sales staff that will help with improving customer service and on time deliveries
- Current Class A CDL license to haul a trailer.
- Good driving record with tractor/trailer driving experience
- Candidate must be able to read, write and speak English and understand written and oral instruction
- Ability to make mathematical calculations
- Ability to work alone as well as in a team environment with others in our company and treat customers with courtesy and tact
Interested candidates please apply!
As a condition of employment, applicants are required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check that must be completed, post offer of employment. Farwest participates in eVerify and we confirm each candidate's eligibility to work in the US.
Farwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.
Work Opportunity Tax Credit
Farwest Steel Corporation & Affiliates participate in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit program. ADP Tax Credits administers this program on our behalf. It is vital that you follow the steps listed below in order for the tax credits to be processed. We appreciate your cooperation.
- Open https://tcs.adp.com/screen/index.html?cc=farweststeel
- Note: To change the language on screen please select a language from the dropdown box
- Click on Continue to begin
- Please answer each question
- Eligible candidates will be asked to Click Finish and Electronically Sign to complete the interview.
- Ineligible candidates will be asked to click Continue to finish the interview. You will not be asked to electronically sign.
*ADP will contact WOTC-eligible new hires via email or text to request proof of age or address documentation, when needed.Employment Type: FULL_TIME