Equipment Operator Cut-To-Length
- Posted: over a month ago
To operate the cut-to-length line at maximum machine efficiency, generating highest part quality and performing general machine preventative maintenance based on safety and best practices in the steel service industry.
1. Work as a key member of a production team and produce sheets & blanks accurately and in an efficient manner.
• Positively communicate with crane operators, machine operators & warehouse personnel to facilitate production and minimize down time. Work with crane operators to maximize throughput.
• Review work instructions and verify consistency between batch ticket, and material, part numbers, revision, process, material thickness/ grade, etc.
• Verify Heat number with certification & follow certification procedure
• Participate in insuring a safe work environment through best practices including promoting of company safety policies, OSHA guidelines, maintenance of a 5S work station.
• Perform a first article inspection for: thickness, measurements, and cut quality on each line item.
• Enhance customer satisfaction by ensuring material meets quality expectations of machine manufacture and customer.
• Accurately fill out paperwork.
• Re-band coils, when necessary, for re-stocking (add color code, heat number, thickness) and ensure it is safe for restocking and/or can stacked safely
• Consistently look to reduce operational cost: maximum material usage, maximize machine on time, maximize consumable usage, protect equipment, observe and enforce safety protocols
2. Cross train on other equipment to allow flexibility to Farwest.
3. Clean equipment and work area after use each day.
High school diploma or GED required. Warehouse training or prior experience preferred along with previous cut to length experience. Ability to read and write in English to follow written instructions and record work activities performed. Math ability to figure piece count parts, net parts to be cut, rotate parts, set up machine for proper cuts, and etc. Familiarity with computers is required.
Farwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. We honor our veterans!
Work Opportunity Tax Credit
Farwest Steel Corporation & Affiliates participate in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit program. ADP Tax Credits administers this program on our behalf. It is vital that you follow the steps listed below in order for the tax credits to be processed. We appreciate your cooperation.
- Open https://tcs.adp.com/screen/index.html?cc=farweststeel
- Note: To change the language on screen please select a language from the dropdown box
- Click on Continue to begin
- Please answer each question
- Eligible candidates will be asked to Click Finish and Electronically Sign to complete the interview.
- Ineligible candidates will be asked to click Continue to finish the interview. You will not be asked to electronically sign.
*ADP will contact WOTC-eligible new hires via email or text to request proof of age or address documentation, when needed.
Powered by JazzHR
Farwest Steel Corporation
ConstructionView all jobs at Farwest Steel Corporation