Farris Automated Systems LLC is a supplier of custom automated assembly equipment for the automotive, biomedical and general manufacturing industries. We offer complete turnkey systems from concept to installation. Farris Automated Systems employs a team of engineers, machinists and assembly workers in Wales, WI.
Mechanical design of automated equipment that requires the knowledge of cylinders, machining components, linkages, motors, HP, torque, valves and basic electrical control knowledge.
- Independent and self-motivated worker
- 3 years of mechanical automation design
- 3 years of Solidworks 2014 or greater (expert status)
- Knowledge of pneumatic circuits and sizing principles
- Motion using servo motors, linear drives and ball screws
- Machine frame design and welding principles
- Detailing of components and assemblies
- Ability to specify and pick out purchased components and vendors
The job will be non-repetitive in nature with 5-8 machines designed per year. The estimated job categories are:
- 60% CAD design and Drafting
- 20% Hands on assembly and building
- 10% Project Management, installation
- 10% Misc.
The estimated travel for the position will be less than 10%.
Some weekend work will be required.
- 2 weeks vacation, + holidays, + Flex Hours, comp time
- Job training on new technologies for current applications
- 401k, Health insurance and profit sharing
- Relocation package available.