Relocation Package Available to Wales, WI
This position is a very fast paced and challenging opportunity for a highly qualified
Electrical / Controls engineer. You will be designing and programming new control
systems on a daily basis. The control systems will range from simple smart relay controls
up to a vision guided robot with an additional servo motion.
The job will be non-repetitive in nature with 10-15 machines designed per year.
The estimated job categories are:
- 70% Controls Design and programming
- 20% Hands on assembly, building, installation and debug
- 10% Project Management, installation, sales
Travel and Location:
Your travel will be dependent upon where you choose to live. We have customers
throughout the USA. You will be at customer sites for 30% of the time starting up
machines, performing R&D analysis, or servicing existing equipment. Average work
week of 45 hrs. Daily travel bonus is provided after 2 nights.
The following skills area required for this position:
- Independent, self-motivated and never-give-up attitude.
- Degree in EE or 2-year automation degree. Both with proven results. You will be tested during your interview.
- Attitude to handle a constantly changing and challenging environment.
- Determination to keep working on a problem until the issue is resolved.
- Must have min 5 years of integrated servo motion control experience (servo)
- Must have min 5 years of schematic and panel layout from scratch.
- Must be able to manage 4-5 projects at the same time (multi-tasking)
- Knowledge of industrial electrical circuits, OHSA requirements and machine safety circuits.
- Hands on experience in electrical trouble shooting.
- Ability to work with an entire prototype and design team to complete a machine on time and on budget.
- PLC and HMI control
- Must have min 5 year of Allen Bradley PLC and HMI programming.
- Knowledge of industrial sensors and vendors
- Vision system and robotics will be a plus
- Ethernet communications and data transfer to other systems
- Other brands of PLC software, vision systems and robotics will be a plus.
- Must have business sense and ability to make and meet budgets
- Knowledge of pneumatic control
- Mechanically minded, must be able to think beyond a wire and code
- Database management software
- 2 weeks vacation, + holidays, + Flex Hours, comp time
- Job training on new technologies for current applications
- 401k, Health insurance and profit sharing
- Relocation package available.