- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are expanding once again; we are looking for several diesel truck mechanics with different levels of experience. If you are looking to advance your career or want an opportunity to apply your school knowledge, we have a home for you! You will work and train with experienced mechanics on various types of trucks and trailers. This is an excellent way to grow and pave your way into further opportunities with our company.
The right individual will be energetic, focused, and ready to learn! Some hands-on experience preferred but not required. We will consider a recent graduate from trade school, or an experienced mechanic.
This position will be in Newark NJ.
As a diesel mechanic you will be responsible for the maintenance duties and repairs of trucks and trailers such as:
- Preventive Maintenance
- Cranking and Charging
- Repairing and testing Air Brakes
- Replacing Tires and wheels
- Using Service Bay Diagnostic Tools
- Repairing Liftgates and other parts of the truck and trailer using welding tools
- Using Bendix Air and ABS Systems
- Conducting vehicle alignment
Work Schedules Available: Full-Time, 7am-4pm, 1pm-9pm, 10pm-6am. Rotational weekends and some overtime may be available.
Benefits: Hourly Rate: $25-$45/ hr. based on experience and certifications, Health Insurance, Retirement Plan, PTO: Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay, Life Insurance, Referral Bonuses.
- Mechanic truck and diesel experience preferred but not required, we will train you!
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Vocational or Technical Diesel Mechanic certification preferred
- Working knowledge in the use of hand tools preferred
- Experience with welding tools and/ or welding certification a plus
- A valid driver’s license is required with a clean MVR, must either possess a CDL or have the ability to obtain a CDL license
Farmland Fresh Dairies LLCWhy Work Here?
Endless Opportunities for Personal and Professional growth!
We are one of the largest family owned food distributors in the tri-state area. Our expertise in custom distribution solutions makes us a strong partner in third party logistics for customers that range from grocery stores and restaurants to public schools, major coffee shop and supermarket chains. Our employees' dedication and incredible adaptability to the constant changes in transportation and logistics are the foundation to our success and sustainability. We are always looking for talented individuals that are passionate about innovation and providing an outstanding customer service experience.
802 Bergen StNewark, NJ