Senior Category Manager at Farmhouse Delivery
- Posted: over a month ago
Farmhouse Delivery is a rapidly growing company that specializes in delivering locally sourced produce, grocery, and meal kits and prepared foods to residents throughout Texas. We take pride in curating the most interesting, ethical, and thoughtfully produced selection of foods the state has to offer! Our mission is to support the farmers, ranchers, and makers of our local food system and to bring the highest quality of food to Texans.
The Senior Category Manager will develop sales, strategies, and lifecycle plans for all local and organic merchandise focused on smaller niche producers and vendors in the communities we serve. The role will provide leadership and guidance for providing locally customized solutions by banner and geography.
The Senior Category Manager will supervise and work closely with a small team of buyers to provide banner specific direction and support and is a key contributor on fiscal decisions. The person in this position will develop the localization strategy for local and hyper-local assortment as well as the ethnic product offering in all banners. This role will work cross functionally to ensure sufficient banner differentiation and availability of products with the goal of providing a customer experience for local area products to maximize revenue goals and meet customer expectations. They will also direct and coordinate the product life cycle to ensure the company reflects current product trends in the market and public response to products; develop direct reports, goals, and analytics to support product categories. The position partners with the operations and the marketing teams to develop an effective merchandising approach, and for improvement in product selection, inventory levels and customer satisfaction.
- Direct and assist buying team to ensure the full life-cycle local merchandise strategy is implemented successfully for all Local and organic products (i.e. procurement, placement, pricing, etc.)
- Define the localization strategy to ensure unique banner differentiation with the goal of providing an outstanding customer experience, meeting customer expectations and needs, while maximizing revenue growth goals of the Executive Merchant team.
- Partner with Core Merchant and support teams to develop the category localization plan and oversee successful plan implementation.
- Direct and coordinate the product life cycle to ensure the company reflects current product trends in the market and public response to products.
- Translate consumer segmentation data & insights into localization plans for category assortment, merchandising, advertising/promotions and pricing strategies
- Review analysis of trends and opportunities based on local need to drive improvement to product selection, inventory levels and customer satisfaction.
- Maintains vendor relationships to ensure competitive pricing.
- Analyze existing fulfillment processes and implement recommendations to streamline processes to improve customer experience and reduce costs Build strategic relationships with relevant third parties within the ecommerce fulfillment landscape.
- Establish financial business cases and support the development of Investment Proposals
- Launch order management pilots, developing learnings, evaluate the effectiveness of the solution using a predetermined set of KPIs and criteria, and work with solution providers and integrators to address any issues and adapt the solution where necessary
- Perform related duties as required.
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Knowledge of supply chain concepts and methodologies strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven team leader with the ability to delegate effectively
- Ability to effectively manage a wide variety of tasks simultaneously with multiple deadlines
- Strong supervisory skills – managing conflict, performance management, providing feedback, coaching, mentoring, motivating employees
- Strong skills with procurement buying systems and Excel
Education: Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent knowledge gained through formal education, specialized training, or additional job experience.
Experience: At least five years of directly related experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of key abilities and knowledge as presented above. Previous knowledge of Order Management Systems and fulfillment processes in retail (previous grocery experience strongly preferred), supply chain and e-commerce. Financial understanding of retail P&L and cost/benefit drivers. Affinity with IT systems. Aptitude for strategic thinking and problem solving in a fluid environment. Exceptional at prioritizing and focusing on the highest value opportunities. Ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional teams to deliver results. Executive presence and mindset, with the ability to roll up sleeves when necessary. Excellent communication skills, able to present, negotiate and influence.
Physical: Basic office environment: ability to; sit, stand, walk, kneel, stoop, use stairs, reach, pull and lift objects
- Business Acumen
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus
- Leading People
- Decision Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Strategic Agility
- Action Oriented
- Innovation Management
- Problem Solving
- Personal/Interpersonal Skills
- Quality/Quantity of Work
- OPEN; Commensurate depending on experience
- Free weekly local produce box
- 30% off purchases at Farmhouse Delivery
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid Time Off and Sick Pay
Equal Opportunity Employer
Farmhouse Delivery, as an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. Farmhouse Delivery is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment.
Employment Eligibility Verification
If hired, you will be required to complete the federal Employment Eligibility Verification I-9 form. You will be required to present acceptable and original documents to prove your identity and authorization to work in the United States. Documents need to be presented no later than the third day of employment. Failure to do so will result in loss of employment.
All employees are required to wear masks and practice social distancing.
BusinessView all jobs at Farmhouse Delivery