- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Administrative Assistant facilitates the efficient operation of the assigned department by performing a variety of clerical and administrative tasks. Primary backup for receptionist to transfer incoming switchboard phone calls in a professional manner and greet and receive guests entering the building. Primary backup for all mail processes.
- Answers and transfers phone calls, screening when necessary.
- Welcomes and directs visitors and clients.
- Maintains digital filing systems as assigned.
- Retrieves information as requested from records, email, minutes, and other related documents; prepares written summaries of data when needed.
- Responds to and resolves administrative inquiries and questions.
- Prepares agendas and reports for Board meetings.
- Maintains office supplies and coordinates maintenance of office equipment.
- Process non-monetary endorsements.
- Indexing policy mail and emails into workflows.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Processes loss run workflow.
- Performs as a backup for all mail duties.
- Assists with agent licensing and Errors and Omissions requirement lookup.
- Assigns and tracks Insurance Department complaints and Internal Appeals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent ability to adapt quickly and multi-task.
- Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as recordkeeping and filing.
- Ability to work independently.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required; Associate’s degree preferred.
- One to three years of experience in an administrative role.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Farmers of Salem
BusinessView all jobs at Farmers of Salem